Author Topic: upside-down onions  (Read 1830 times)

Nathan

• Quarter Acre
upside-down onions
« on: August 14, 2005, 21:51:43 »
ha ha ha my crazy dad Nathan planted all our onions upside down!  he looked a bit silly when he had to dig them back up again!  he missed a few, but they all still grew but looked a bit weird.  :o :D
i am ruth and i grew some sunflowers and they are really high.  I am growing poppies, because they are pretty, and a gem squash. It has one squash on the plant and we are hoping the slugs don't eat it!!!   I like growing carrots and I picked one the other day that was about that long. (Quite long)
Me and my friend went by the canal and we saw lots of blackberries so we ate them. They were very yummy, which was a bit weird because usually when you eat them this early they are all sour and yucky.
Nathan

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: upside-down onions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 22:49:24 »
Hello Ruth :)

Guess your dad's cleverer than me - someone gave me a rhubarb crown once and it took me two years to realize that it was upside down :o.........when I finally realized what I was doing wrong and turned it up the other way, it didn't 'arf take off and grow ;D

Happy gardening (and eating!)

Cheers! Lishka

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: upside-down onions
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:31:26 »
Blackberries vary tremendously; you obviously found some early ones. There's a big one growing over a pile of rubbish on my plot which is perfectly ripe when a lot of others are still green.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal