Author Topic: Panto Time  (Read 9903 times)

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
Re: Panto Time
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2003, 15:47:45 »
and.............me being a black and white bird.............if you happened to be painted red and white.....I'd be sorely tempted to leave a nasty deposit!!!  ;D   ;D   ;D

P.S.  This will probably only make sense to Geordies!!  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:11 by -1 »
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

jethro

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 16:41:04 »
Hi MD, Red & White ( spit, spit) no bonny lass i bleed black & white, have done for the past 38 years  ;D .
You should have heard the saying by now ' the smaller the nail, the harder you hammer it in'  ;D ;) .
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

MagpieDi

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 17:04:59 »
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o

How many years??    ???    ::)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2003, 17:05:32 »
Thanks Lishka, mind you.... am 'sweet' enough to be the Maid Marion  ;)  On the up side, it means I get to play with Robin??  Yep - I will do it!   Happy Days!!!  ;D

MagpieDi

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2003, 17:26:14 »
That's not fair EJ!!  :'(  :'(  :'(

Why have I got the cr*p part??    ???

Must change my username...pronto!!   ;D

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2003, 17:39:19 »

P.S.  This will probably only make sense to Geordies!!  ;)  ;D  

Only the Geordies?

Get away wiv ya pet, Eyes undurstunds all that like me... gotta go mow cuz me fishy is on the dishy like and whe the boat cums in like, there be plenty more where that cum from, why eye the fog on the tynee iz all mine all mine and I has left me tabs down the bookies so I have.::)

If anyone understands that, ten quite frankly Id be amazed :)

Hmmmm Robin Hood?? loads of trees in that, so as no one else can play a tree like I can
and given the extra work, I am going to have to go to the gym nd get meself in shape... I like my thespinarian talents stretched to the limits.. heres me weeping willow....

(((I)))
((I))
 (I)
  I
  I

okay so I looks like a glass of wine, but it is short notice...

oZzY %)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2003, 23:24:25 »
That's not fair EJ!!  :'(  :'(  :'(

Why have I got the cr*p part??    ???

Tut, child! Luvvie behaviour before we even start?? :-*mwaa  :-*mwaa..

Now then, you're gonna be really central to where the action's at...Oz the Mighty Oak has never, ever had it so good (possibly)...

Underneath him he will have Ina, a Magic Mushroom known as The Dutch Cap, while sitting on his head will be The Most Magnificent Magpie (you reading this, Oz...how's yer blood pressure??) and you will be defending Robin from the Dastardly Sheriff....

..or something  ;D

btw...shouldn't Hugh be The D.S.??  Isn't Friar Tuck too avuncular a character for Hugh?

Oh, and we can have a Tavern on the Green - and how about Legless as the Landlady?? And Mimi the French Serving Wench (unless she goes all consumptive on us & buggers off to sing opera somewhere, of course...)

Tim should be another of the Forest Friends..(a bit like Bambi, perhaps??)

And, to add injury to injury, I've twisted Jethro's arm & he's going to be the Most Amazing High Profile Prop Man & do wondrous Special Effects...

ahhhhh.... I could go on, but think it's time for another pill & lie-down..

Back later - Lishka

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2003, 00:59:19 »
Me me me ..what am I to be.ah now there a line.... 2b or not 2b, that is the question..actually the question is what parts are left? (or right?) Dp
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2003, 01:12:08 »
Yo Lish
Ina...magic mushroom.. dutch caphad me in stitches that did :) :) :)

reminded me of that song..... ahem....

I saw  dutch cap..
Where?
There on the stairs
where on the stairs?
right there.
The little dutch cap had clogs on

going clip clippty clop cloppitycappity tippity tappity oh yeah man I iz on one now :)

Glad you realise just how important thetree part iz.

You name any great film ever made and I will bet anyone ten parsnips that there is a tree in the film..... Lawrence of Arabia, The Sting, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, up in smoke, chity chitty bang bang, the list is endless but each one had a tree in it :) :) :)

Wish e old mate jm would turn up, he would soon put an end to the dressing room shinnanegans :)

cHeEs

oZzY %)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2003, 01:29:09 »
Brill, DP  ;)  

Thing is...I've never actually been to a Panto, so get a bit more-than-usually confused (is Robin's horse called Silver, f'rinstance??!!)...so, am I right in thinking that there are The Baddies (ie the D.S.(Dastardly Sheriff) & his lot); then there are the Goodies (Robin, Friar Tuck,Little John - anyone else??) and the rest of that lot...then there's Maid Marion (does she co-habit with Robin or is she his Bit of Class from Nottingham? - I dunno)..then there's this weird tree in Sherwood Forest (hey! was listening to GQT this afters & apparently oaks are dying off, struck down by some Dread Disease  :o  I worry about Oz) and magpies & mushrooms & tortoises & elks and things in the forest (they're all Goodies & conspire against the DS etc)..and then the Baddies fight the Goodies and they all have a grand time and the Goodies win and go off to the Tavern and drink mead and eat asparagus & do some carousing and the Baddies get put in the stocks and get pelted with Eric's surplus bantam eggs and a good time is had by all...

You up for being a Goodie or a Baddie, then DP?

;D ;D Lishka

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2003, 01:35:27 »
Oz, do you still have your Beeb registration? Could we put out a call for John OTGF?? Last I heard, he wrote that his Boss had moved his desk to the front row (reminds me of school, that..) so his access to the Boards was going to be even more restricted. He only had access to a computer at work. Worth a try, tho?

(for those not ex-Beebies, John Myhill's a v.v.v.v.v.funny bloke & said that he did AmDrams & would do a Panto..and Oz has been practising being a tree since the summer  ;D Lishka

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2003, 01:45:09 »
Yo Lish

havent been to the beeb for ages, fink I'll give it ago roite now,,,

waddya mean "practicing" all summer.... I haz a natural god given talent for wooden acting, practice is for those talentless dudes/dudesttes who suffer wiv delussions... me I jsut get the good old, run of the mill haluconations ::) talking of which did you know that Lewis Carol was well into LSD, aka Acid and not pounds shillings and pence :)

goona shoot to the beeb now

ttfn :)

oZzY %)

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2003, 01:53:28 »
hmmmmmmm nice to see sum things never change......

cant login on the beeb boards.. how strange.

dunno bowt anyone else, but this site rocks... cheers Dan

oZzY %)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2003, 02:10:36 »
Hiya Oz,

Did you forget that Good Beebies are tucked up with their cocoa at 10 pm? ;)  I'll put out a Loud Shout for him over there tomorrow - shall do the Dastardly thing and post over all the Boards ;D

Yep! Dan has done such a fine job here - which is why we must all act our sox off when the DS captures him for non-payment of Lottie Poll Tax and we have to rescue him...

:o ::) ;D

update: I've put out an ISO msg on the Beeb OTGF/Lotties/Gdg Clinic Boards - trying to stay on topic at each  ;D ~ let's see if we can rouse him? (actually, we should send EJ over there ~ she'd rouse the Dead  ;D :P)  oh and btw...so busy was I concentrating on the uppy-downy letters in your name, I got the spelling wrong ::)..- Lish

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2003, 01:20:16 »
Yo Lish

Fair play to ya, have seen your posts on aunties boards, lets hope your labours bear fruit... gawd thats too profound mahn for this time of night?

"I would have brought you figs,.. but... I got my dates mixed up"

Philosophical or Wottt!  see I iz a dead wise tree, thats why owls always sit in trees, cuz they iz learning from the tree..:) :)

dunno wotz rong wiv me tonite, all this "I think therefore I iz" thingy, see the DUP in Ulster are ahead.... worrying!!
Now iz getting political, fr christs sake.. now z iz getting all eclasti....ecla.... religious :)

gonna Zig

BBL

oZzY %)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2003, 19:08:25 »
Lishka, you have never been to a panto :o oh no she hasn't, oh yes she has...he's behind you! Hisssssssssss  boooooooooooo  (Sherrif of Nottingham approaches stage left!) You must go!! It is a definate institution, tho why girls play the leading mens roles is beyond me! Don't forget we have to have a couple of dames, or ugly sisters.
I don't mind if I am a goody or a baddie, but have to say don't think my legs are good enough for a pair of green tights and a jerkin!  :'( What i want to know is who is going to offer to play little Will?  ;) Dottie P
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2003, 01:11:50 »
Any parts left for me?.... Not fussy what, although I've never been known to say no to a male part  :P, especially after a couple of dandelion and burdock !!!

Have appeared in panto's in the dim distant past of my youth, credits include Prince Charming (perhaps, one of the merry men) , and Buttons - a sheriff's henchman perhaps?
......any other suggestions?.....
Happy gardening, Robin x

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2003, 01:40:11 »
Yo Robin

You could always play a tree?  cuz Robin Hood has loads of trees in it, and I aint as young as I used to be and probably need a hand.

I see you have only played "Human" roles. so dont know if you iz up to the demands of playing a wood role?  It aint easy, OH NO, can be dangerous too, as you have to do your own stunts, in the film "The Amazon Rainforest Masacre" I dun me back in when I was felled, by a NAUGHTY NAUGHTY tree choppy downy peep, instead of falling back into a ditch filled with cardboard boxes, I decided to adlib and improvise, I swayed here there and everwhere and when I fell backwards I was actually faling forwards cuz I went dizzy with all that swaying..... So if you iz up to it?

Could be good 4 your career too.. every film has a tree in it, cuz we bring so much to the production and add a bit off sophitication to the set...

What am I on about?  Day Jar Voo? or a babble alert?

babble alert

oZzY %)

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2003, 02:52:28 »
Yo Robin

Dont feel obliged to be a tree cuz I iz shorthanded... O NO,  to play a tree you have to give it 100%  and I am the best tree out there, and playing sherwood forest, although challenging, not beyond me thespinarian reparte.... look

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

amazing what special effects I have at my disposal... I used stickyback plastic and mirrors to produce that...  another but more trickier method is to
quantom leap loads of times, but each leap being no longer than a  nano second, that way the human eye cant detect the leaping thus believing that they are indeed looking at a real forest :)

Def babble alert x 10

oZzY %)

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2003, 14:05:47 »
Oz,....... many many thanks for your kind invite to be part of your forest - am not sure I'm ready to branch out in that direction yet - plants being new to my repetoire, ... may be I should start with something more basic. An algae or a moss perhaps before I climb the evolutionary scale, or if all else fails, i could be a toadstool because you sound like a "fungi" to be with!!!!
Gosh that sounds abit forward, rest assured that I'm not suggesting any form of mycorhizzal association !!
Am just practising my double entendres for the panto
.........Oh no she isn't.....
.........Oh yes she is........
Happy gardening, Robin x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal