Author Topic: A Question  (Read 3738 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
A Question
« on: August 08, 2005, 00:28:36 »
I was wondering if it was permitted to change your original entry photo before the closing date of the competition, ie as long as its entered 'in time' then you could change the pic if you found something better?

As you can guess I have found something better  ;D

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
Re: A Question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 20:57:54 »
Hi GC, someone changed their entry in one of the competitions recently. Can't remember who it was, think it was the May comp. No-one seemed to object if I remember correctly.

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 21:15:01 »
i suppose, as long as you have a picture in at the closing date, thats within the rules its fine, whether you change it 100 times or non, its the picture at the close of the comp, before voting that counts.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 21:54:57 »
I should PM Dan and ask him GC he sets the rules better be on the safe side EH!!! ;D ;D

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
A Question
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 23:28:55 »
Don't post your entry till the end of the month...

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 10:05:24 »
Surely GC if the competition is of photo's from the previous month, unless you have loads of photo's to check through your not likely to find something better.
Like DG said wait till the end of the month and then submit your entry.
Now if you have posted the wrong picture by mistake, would have thought it would be good form to let everyone know of your original mistake. I would assume that this response would be straight away, as soon as you realise not at a later date.
Thats my opinion anyway.
DD

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 21:02:17 »
OK thanks for replies.

You see i had lots of trouble deciding on my entry and now entered i am not so sure if it was the right one. Quite a few i took at Hampton Court are worthy of entry. ;D

Thing is - You say wait 'till the ed of the month, but is that the closing date? I am not so sure.

Have to check with Dan.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 20:47:49 »
I'm a bit late hehe but in case this occurs again next month for anybody, then perhaps the easiest option is to go back and edit your post with said picture, placing your required piccie in it's place? :)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 14:13:00 »
I'm a bit late hehe but in case this occurs again next month for anybody, then perhaps the easiest option is to go back and edit your post with said picture, placing your required piccie in it's place? :)

Yes YP, a little late! LOL. You know that is exactly what i did in the end. No fuss, no performance just changed the photo.

Thanks anyway for the reply  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal