Author Topic: personal profiles  (Read 59411 times)

Sarah-b

• Acre
Re:personal profiles
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2004, 12:49:11 »
Sorry - didn't mean to imply anything!
I didn't know anyone who went to Ravensbourne.
I was back in that area at the weekend visiting friends - drove past my old house on Mottingham Road - seems much more built up round there now.
Plocket - you've left the area haven't you - how about Multiveg?

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2004, 13:37:19 »
Oh bless you! I was just mucking around. But I'm still not posh!!! (My parents believed in a private education and sunk everything into that - fat lot of good it did me!!!)

Mottingham Road? I went out with a guy who I think lived in a flat on Mottingham Road!  And my brother went to Eltham College. I'm now in Staffordshire, and have been for about three years. You will have to read back a bit to find out about Multiveg I think!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2004, 13:39:02 »
I am now in North Wales, Sarah, less than a mile away from Mimi.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

TULIP-23

• Hectare
Re: personal profiles
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2005, 22:38:03 »
Hoi Campanula

I think a bit of Wisdom a bit of Commonsense
a lot of Trust and working with the people you  know

Should anyone ask:
Im 60 year Old Happily Married with Four Grown Children
Moved to Holland 15/16 years ago Married inJuly 40 years

Love Fishing with a Pole not so muich a rod.

Really love my Motor Kawasaki ZZr 600 1993

New kid on the Block thanks to Ina's Directions found my way here.
Just returneed to Gardening after a very Long Long time.
really intererested in making new friends and contacts via the E mail  System.

There you dont know me but all Ive told you is the right information

Telephoe Number....No
Bank Account Number...No
Visa Card Number.....No
Address....................Sometime in the Future.......Maybe

You see there's nothing there thats going to cause me problems. And maybe you find that a little more interesting to read
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2005, 18:22:45 »
been thinking how many new members there are, so thought i would reply to this to add a bit about myself. i know i've been on here for oooooh! months now! but some of you may not know......

i'm 28-live in leicestershire with OH in own house, we moved in 2000. first house together, so first garden that is 'mine'!  (OH is a 'NGOH')
keen on gardening before, but have really been 'bitten' by having my own space.
i grow flowers, veg, fruit-anything really, i love the challenge of it. i will quite happily spend my time outside not inside doing....well....i can always find stuff to potter with out there.

i work p/t, with adults with learning disabilities in a residential home in leicestershire. OH works at snibston discovery park. no children. yet.

if i'm not gardening, i'll probably be reading about it, or planning my seed buying campaigns, or on a4a!

i used to play cello and piano (grades 8 and 5, when i was 16) but have tailed this off now, as i prefer to play in a group, not on my own, it's difficult working shifts.
i love going to the rugby, i'm a season ticket holder at leicester tigers.

my biggest success in the garden would have to be the cauliflowers-yes really! grew one perfect (well, for me) in my first year after reading how they were a very demanding crop!
my most dismal failure would be the cucumbers i cannot keep alive whatever i do!

anyone else........??

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2005, 15:19:05 »
So here goes with a little about me.

I live in South Lincs on a smallholding, having moved from Luton about four years ago (mainly to accommodate my chickens), with my partner of 9 years.  I grew up in Queensland SA, (where the spiders are a little bigger).

I had my first allotment when I was 8, and went on from there.

I work for a well know mail order seed company in a technical type customer service role, although will be leaving soon to join a competitor.  I'm lucky coz I can talk gardening all day and get paid for it!

I share my home with three horses, hundreds of chickens, five cats and a bracco italiano (a type of Italian pointer), Oh, and I run a cattery as well.

Favourite veg to grow have got to be squashes, I'm trying some festival and marina de chioggia this year.  Favourite perennial has got to be hostas.

When I'm not in the garden or with the chickens, I try to read Jean Auel, Anne McCaffrey or Stephen King, although I do like a good horror film on sky.

Loz
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2005, 22:06:03 »
OK, here goes......

I'm Emma, 26, live in Weymouth with hubby Keith and our twin girls Eve & Rei who will be 3 in May.

I moved to weymouth in 1999, but I gre up in Ipswich in Suffolk. Keith and I met on the internet, and I discovered Dorset - far more beautiful than Suffolk!

When I'm not being mum (two evenings and one morning a week) I'm either teaching music, playing music, or working with a guy that does website marketing.

I wouldn't say I'm a very good gardener, completely rubbish infact, I could kill grass.  (not couch though it seems, oh well!)  But, I am a  huge fan of good food.  At the moment I get an organic veg box delivered once a fortnight, as does my friend Louisa (fosteri) and we figured it would be far nicer, and much more fun to have a lottie.  So here we are! This time next year the veg boxes will be no more (ha ha).

My current life in pictures can be found at :

Our lottie site
My personal site jam packed with photos, mostly of my girls but a few of me (avoid october 04!)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2005, 09:43:16 »
Thanks for telling us about yourself Emma.  What lovely photos, your girls are gorgeous (and you're not bad yourself  ;) and hubby - mustn't leave him out :D)
Love the one with the potty on the head and also the scan - really clear photo, fascinating.

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2005, 12:55:32 »
awe thanks  ;D

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2005, 19:23:21 »
Born and bred in Devon from a long standing farming family. Grew up on the farm and left in my late teens to earn my degree in Agriculture and Business Studies.

While at Uni met my wife to be. Left Uni to work in agriculture, first in Kenya and then  in Georgia USA. Decided to return home to be closer to future wife and ended up working in The City in finance. Lived in central London

Married and then moved to Sussex. (Moved house the day after boxing day, completely bonkers!!!!) Still working in finance at the moment but plans affot to move back to the farm to take on the management/running/development.

First child arrived 7 years ago after a horrendous pregnancy. He weighed 800grams, 1lb 12ozs in old money, and needed to stay in hospital for 8 months.

Decided house was not big enough, could not finad anything on the markets so embarked on massive extension of the house requiring builders around for 8 months and us moving out for 6 of those.

Settled back in the house and had a daughter 3 years ago, no problems this time thank god!

Gardening interest is in my blood, both parents are very very accomplished gardeners.  Both ornamental and vegetable gardening.

Other interests include sailing, cooking, country sports.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2005, 20:14:33 »
GREAT to see that this slot has resurrected itself!! I really do think that it is valuable. = Tim

Daughter has just had her first child ( the 3rd) over 3lb!! Much sympathy.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2005, 23:26:15 »
Congrats Tim.

Where abouts in Devon Jerry?

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2005, 09:38:47 »
Congrats Tim.

Where abouts in Devon Jerry?

Yes, congrats Tim!

EJ, we farm on the South Coast, Halfway between Exminster and Starcross/Powderham.

At present I am not at home but will be moving there to run the place at some point in the future.

Jerry

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2005, 11:57:32 »
Lucky so-&-so!!

En route to our Riverford box people. = Tim

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2005, 18:55:51 »
Congratulations Tim.

Loz - whereabouts in south Lincs? My folks live near Spalding not too far from Baytree...
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2005, 14:18:30 »
Since I have done a few posts now I feel it would only be polite to introduce myself.

Live in South east London married to an artist and like Nattyem I have twin daughters- altho mine are slightly older - nearly 11.

Did a geography degree- my dream was to get a job as a park ranger in one of the national parks but I'm now a solicitor - how did that happen? :o

Have now had my allotment for 4 weeks. I had  vague plans about putting my name down on a waiting list for years but never got round to doing anyhting about it then 4 weeks ago got an e-mail from a friend in my book group saying she had been offered one and felt it was too much to cope on her own  and did anyone want to help out - I was the only one to say yes - we now have a book group with half the 12 members also being allotment holders!

Am absolutely loving my time up on the allotment - only been digging so far - no planting yet - but it is so satisfying. I am lucky to only work 4 days a week so I can go up for a day mid week as well as at weekends. I'm taking the girls up there in a minute for them to plant garlic and me to do some more digging - happy days

;D ;D

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2005, 21:12:02 »
 Hi everyone, guess what my role in life has been, cookie might giveyou a clue! grew up in bristol, then moved to teignmouth, married to Barrie with two boys, now 19 and 21.Have always enjoyed gardening and food.Barrie hada heart attack two years ago at 46 so we decided to change our lifestyle. now have an acre to take care of with our job, plus 43 elderly residents who know more about gardening than we ever will. barrie is doing a city and guilds in horticulture and i am doing a r,h,s, general certificate which i am finding heavy going.                                                                                                                                  Jerry, barrie used to work on the estate at powderham, weknow several people there, but I think that lordie has leased all the land, and makes his money from concerts etc.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Tim, boxes from Riverford are great, also lovely sausages! another friend used to milk on the farm at riverford.                                                                                                                                  We are now living in Ilminster, very happy with our lottie, and much happier with life, it is possible to downgrade and manage on less money! we have !!!!!

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2005, 09:38:34 »
                                                                                  Jerry, barrie used to work on the estate at powderham, weknow several people there, but I think that lordie has leased all the land, and makes his money from concerts

Yes, he share farms most of the land now. The old farm manager never made a great fist of things to be honest and Courtney will be making more now from share farming. No effect required from him either.

You may know my brother too if you have ever used a local vet to Teignmouth.

jerry

Barrie probably knows exactly where our farm is, look in the gallery board and you will see some recent pictures.

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2005, 15:55:22 »
Hi, I'm new to the board, as well as new to my allotment. I daresay I'll be picking brains here since its my first year of allotment gardening, so here's a bit about me.

Born Cambridge 1962, lived there until 18, went to Design College in Kent, then lived in Guildford. Now live in Greenwich SE London. Run own design business (graphics, web, exhibition, advertising) with partner for past 18 years, and still surviving. Single, living with partner, no kids, 2 cats, 3 nieces, 2 nephews. Family all live around Cambridge, so back there quite often.

So why an allotment? A bit 'spur of the moment'. Talking to a neighbour, who's husband had been asked to help out on someone's newly-aquired allotment, brought back memories of when a student: 4 of us shared a house with a large but overgrown garden. Found lots of seeds in an old shed, and decided a good way to save money was to grow own stuff. Grew loads: Sweetcorn, broad beans, runner beans, spinach, melons, raspberries, radish, courgettes, rhubarb, onion, lettuce, cucumber, garlic, pots - just some of what I can remember.

Got in touch with the council - expecting there to big waiting lists - and was informed some had free but overgrown plots. Visited a site that had free plots, and 4 weeks later here I am. One large, messy, plot, a lot of seeds, and raring to go.

I really enjoy gardening - very relaxing & therapeutic - but living in London I have a modest (albeit lovely) garden, so no room for veg and fruit. Although I have grown beetroot between the bedding plants before now!
Dawn

Sarah-b

• Acre
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2005, 19:02:37 »
Hi Dawn and welcome to A4A!
So whereabouts in Greenwich? I was born in woolwich and spent a lot of time in that area. It was only in the last few years that my Mum moved over to where I live that I don't ever get back to Greenwich any more. We used to go to the park the whole time. nd I have spent some of my most miserabloe moments in that hospital down there - it's moved now hasn't it - what about the hospital building - is that just standing there like a big old empty ghost building?
Congrats on getting your plot. Mine has provided me with hours and hours of enjoyment, some nice veg, and a few disappointments (but who cares about them - all part of the fun and the learning really).

ramble, ramble,
sarah.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal