Author Topic: Heathers.  (Read 1651 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Heathers.
« on: August 02, 2005, 21:34:31 »
These are some of the heathers which I paid 28p for earlier in the year from our local auction. I am saving these nine to take to my niece in Kent in Sept.

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Heathers.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 09:45:05 »
That's good value Lorna  :o   Our group has just had to buy about 500 heathers to plant on a roundabout which we designed and planted up.  A car cut a swathe right over it, taking the big chevron signs too  :o :o  Drove off so we had to pick up the bill to replace the heathers and the black sheet mulch  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 10:24:09 »
What a bargain Lorna :D  I love heathers - we had a similar experience with the lorries and the roundabout at the entrance to our village Wardy  :(
Happy gardening all...........Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 11:24:57 »
Wardy and Gardengirl. Doesn't it make you want to spit when people do damage and don't own up. Recently I had a mark nearly the whole length of my car, my son said it looked like a bumper on a van had done the damage.  Luckily my son was able to "buff" it out. At the side of my bungalow (no window) I have a large grass area of grass/lawn. I have a rope and post fence round. I have had to replace the rope three times where hooligans have cut it. Lorna.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 12:11:58 »
Lorna   that made me laugh.  I know it wasn't funny you being the recipient of a bump mark.  In a few threads ago we were talking about inopportune remarks and I recalled when I scraped my neighbours brand new Winnebago which was massive and took most of the narrow road.  I thought I could squeeze through but you've guessed it!  I put a black rubber scrawk mark all the way across it.  I knocked on his door to confess and usefully sugggested "it might come off with Jif"  ;D ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 14:08:21 »
Wardy well at least you owned up. Are you sure you were not in the Cambridgeshire area  recently? "Jif" I ask you ::) WHAT DID HE SAY TO THAT? On second thoughts maybe you should not answer on this forum!!!!!!!!!! Lorna.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal