Author Topic: one more!!  (Read 1945 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
one more!!
« on: August 01, 2005, 20:11:52 »
Missed this one. New clem Florida Sieboldii, several more buds to open, very pleased.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: one more!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 20:40:49 »
That Clematis is beautiful, nearly bought it 2 weeks ago but OH informed me we have no more room for a climber, so I am enviious of your one.  Lovely..

:D :D :D :D :D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 21:11:40 »
I love it too.  Is it a scented variety?  It puts me in mind of a passifllora.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 21:27:07 »
Lorna, that is a beauty!!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 21:32:33 »
Carol & Georgie. Glad you both like it. Not scented I am afraid.As you know I am not an experienced gardener but just wanted to do something different. I know Plocket has got this one..I bought  it amongst others in a small lot at our local auction earlier in the year. I went mad!! I bought heathers, clems. several different shrubs. You are right Georgie it  does look a little like passiflora. I have one of those for the first time, I put it at the back end of my garage and it has dozens of buds and blooms. I have to leave all labels on as I just don't know plants LOL.. Did you see the dainty little Princess Diana on my other post.. Now for a question I keep meaning to ask, what can I grow that is heavily scented? Hope you can help. Lorna.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 21:34:43 »
Lord Steve. Thank you kind sir. I am real chuffed... for a novice like me to get such praise. Watch out head swelling. Lorna.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 22:12:34 »
that a little beauty L ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 22:30:45 »
Hi Lorna.  I'm trying to grow lots of scented plants too.  Apart from roses, which I don't care for, there are loads of herbs with lovely scents such as lavender, rosemary and thyme.  Flower wise, I think oriental lilies are hard to beat and Nicotiana is good too.  As for shrubs, I'd go for Jasmine and Evening primrose.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 23:00:21 »
Lovely pics lorna, I don't know many clematis names but i"ve got a purple one out at the mo called "polish spirit" so it might be that  :)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 08:32:16 »
Hello Lorna! That sieboldii is absolutely lovely! They are rather exotic flowers aren't they? Px
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 20:48:20 »
Lorna that is gorgeous

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 21:15:44 »
My thanks for all the kind comments..Within this next year I am hoping to get some more shrubs and also grow a few more veg. Daughter-in-law and one daughter came and claimed a nice feed of runners today. They  were  trying to see when the next cucumbers  will be ready!! Oh yes and daughter pinched the Gardeners delight which were JUST ready.. Georgie has very kindly sent me some borage seeds and also made some suggestions for scented  plants I can grow, I will get there in the end but I am so enjoying myself. I have plenty of time  to enjoy garden and it keeps me away from the dreaded housework ::). Best wishes and thanks Lorna.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal