Author Topic: Veggie Plug Plants  (Read 6041 times)

supernan

• Half Acre
  • Chief mushroom compost digger, Bud
Re: Veggie Plug Plants
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 14:47:03 »
 :) Thanks for the tip. Lost all my caulis to club root and horrible grey bugs.

Am planting in a fresh place on t'other end of plot. Also ordered chinese veggies.
Supernan!!

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 11:03:41 »
Ordered my plugs just now - and it seems I get a free packet of spinach seed.

This is a total laugh, as I'm currently trying to get shot of hundreds of self-set spinach!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 17:11:00 »
Could someone indicate which of the above mentioned suppliers is the better value, quality etc?

Finances are really tight just now  :(
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 19:57:48 »
moonbells, send me your seeds then. i am a total spinach failure :(

;)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 20:00:45 »
moonbells, send me your seeds then. i am a total spinach failure :(

;)

you're on!

moonbells

(who really must pluck up the courage to send some comfrey liquid to diesel while she remembers - it's just the thought of comfrey all over other folk's mail if it bursts...)
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 23:38:25 »
Flowerlady, they all seem to be quite close price wise, but as finances aren't terribly fluid here either, I favour those with no postage and packing costs....so went with Dobies.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 12:48:48 »
 ;D My Dobies letter confiming the order arrived today!!
Now in big panic about getting enough of the plot dug in time...lol
Once all my lovely little plants are in, should I net/fleece them? Evil looking pigeon keeps looking at all my hard work and imagining a feast sometime soon!! ;D ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 14:29:43 »
As this is becoming the skint thread I will have my moan.

Totally potless  :'(  Started fitting new kitchen at the weekend - came to an abrupt halt on Monday when letter from bank arrived saying they had returend DDs and bounced cheques (as a result of them making sure they got last month's charges first) and we thought - none of that includes the kitchen cheques - what we going to do and a few headless chicken impressions.  We are not going on holiday this year, we are not going out, we are not doing anything.  I am 35 years old, have two careers and a good degree and I have always been hovering just above poverty.  Just do not seem to be able to break out - years of struggle lead to years of debt which keep you in the years of struggle cycle.  Might finally break out when I get my damages but that seems to be taking years (4 now since accident)

Sorry my post has nothing to do with edible plants but I am having a bad week/month/year/life and needed to get it off my chest.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 21:37:17 »
Feel better already wardy  :)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

organicartist

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2005, 09:29:21 »
Dear Redclanger

I know the living hand to mouth experience all too well, and help out as a voluntary advocate to people who are in debt. The first place you should look for help is the consumer credit counselling service: http://www.cccs.co.uk/

they are a charity, NOT one of those loan consolidation companies that charge fees, their advice is free, and they can help no matter how bad your situation is. All creditors will back off once the CCCS get involved, and they will get creditors to accept tiny, tiny repayments - even where creditors have refused to take small payments when you contacted them yourself. Give them a try, you don't have anything to lose.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal