Author Topic: Tomatoes not ripening  (Read 21975 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Tomatoes not ripening
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2005, 20:02:31 »
I know what you mean - but every size & type - be it cherries, mini-plums, plums, standard, white, green, harlequin, beef - has a place - & different flavour - in the food world. I mean -  how do you stuff a cherry?

West Dean? - stayed in HIS bedroom & used HIS bathroom whilst on a picture framing course 30 years ago. Great place.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2005, 21:21:11 »
;D Mmm! look very tasty :) I have had nearly a dozen cherry toms off my first effort so far, many more to come, I hope, as they were absolutely delicious as was the cucumber and radishes. ;D

I see you have a “Combat” flight simulator, I have the 2002 Simulator that I think is very so real that I need a drink to fly some of those machines, good job it is only pretend. ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2005, 23:56:36 »
West Dean? - stayed in HIS bedroom & used HIS bathroom whilst on a picture framing course 30 years ago. Great place.

If 'HE' is the future King Edward VII, and the toilet was made to measure, he must have had the biggest bum in all history.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2005, 05:47:54 »
I fly the 2002 one too, Roy! The other is used mainly by the 8 & 10 year olds!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2005, 18:21:11 »
I use them for a whole host of things Tim.  The cherries are like sweeties, left whole for salads, but also, they dry quickly and are devine when jared in oil.  The 'normal' toms are used for salads, sandwiches, and the larger ones for stuffing.  The plums are for cooking, but there is never enough, so 'normal' toms also go into the pot.  I have made tomato ketchup with smoked praprika - devine, tomato relish, River Cottage chutney, and have pints and pints of tomato sauce cooked down and bagged up in the freezer just waiting for a chilli or a pasta dish!  The beefsteaks are gorgeous, I have never really successfully grown them, but this year I have masses.  They are great in sandwiches, stuffed, or sliced and cooked with a steak or in a burger or chops, or just sliced down the middle, sprinkled with a little salt and gobbled up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal