Author Topic: Glads  (Read 5193 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re: Glads
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 15:02:04 »
My glads thrive on neglect.  I never lift them and they have rewarded me with lovely flowers for quite a number of years now.  They even withstand dog pee ;) ;D  Agapanthus has done well.  I have it in a pot and since it has become well and truly pot bound it has flowered it's little heart out :D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 19:04:59 »
well how contrary can they be  :-\ , 

after all this rain suddenly I've seen three great stems of flowers developing. 

Now I really am confused how to treat them! ???
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 14:27:18 »
HAHAHAH. Typical Flowerlady, mine are the same!  I nipped out between showers today to cut the grass, and as I went past them, flower buds aplenty! If gorgeous, they will stayput, if no,then it is either the allotment or compost heap for them!

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 17:23:20 »
These are my "gladioli" - were sold as them anyway, could be the Byzantinus variety as suggested?!? am quite pleased with them what ever they are - very pretty! now they have finaly flowered

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 08:59:15 »
  :) Hi daisymay,
You have what they call acidantherus there, they are a member of the iris/glad family. See link.
 http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/7477/1

"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 09:07:16 »
Great, thanks! got them from thompson - morgan as part of a deal on bulbs so figures!

:)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal