Author Topic: More London Bombings!  (Read 2766 times)

shaolin101

• Half Acre
    • Kungfu and Fitness in London
More London Bombings!
« on: July 21, 2005, 13:53:37 »
Here we go again!

Not as bad - no casualties and not classed as a state of emegency.

One bus and 3 trains i think - some lines closing.
Keep getting worried that the stuff I grow will taste nasty - or turn out poisonous!

westsussexlottie

• Acre
Re: More London Bombings!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 14:24:49 »
but the PM is meeting the COBRA team in a bunker....

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 00:18:28 »
got to see my big bruv on tv again,  ;D (he's an ambulanceman).
once again london's emergency services did us proud.
and as for the terrorists,
bomb makers?
pah!!!
those muppets couldn't make a cake! ::)
Tara xx

maybe it's because i'm a londoner that i love london town......

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 11:08:57 »
I had a Londoner staying with me last night and he was quite unfussed about the whole thing.  He comes up North for work each week and was telling me that he invited a Chinese supplier to come over to N Derbyshire for an important meeting and they refused to come whileever there is this terrorist threat.  That what you get for switching suppliers to China praps  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

intastella

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 05:20:04 »
bin readin 'tother thread bout the bombins but thought id reply on this 1,c-in as its more recent...1st fings 1st...
i read the bbc blog ov rachaels and closed my eyes and imagined,..hopefully dats de closest il ever come.i felt sick and i filled up,

girl,you gotta spine of steel and dont ever forget dat,love and good vibes...

ozzy..your ded rite fella,isnt dis wot me an roughly 2million other pipple tried tellin our grate (b)leeder would happen if he didnt get his head from up doubleyous(him an his daddy) backside?my thoughts and love go out to all the friends and families of the dead and injured,and to all the other victims of our deaf and blind governments.

as to thurs shenanigens...i fawt it was pretty much accepted dat de bus bomb went off coz de CHILD dat woz carryin de bomb couldnt get to de tube...do pipple REEELY fink dat an organisation,however loose,would do EXACTLY da same tactic...2weeks later,..INCLUDIN de balls up???and they all ran away and were caught on cctv?if dis ends up another 'news of de world' exclusive den theyre in biiiig twubble!lightnin mite strike twice,but bombers,as a rule,generally dont.

dat brings me 2 fridays public execution (sorry if dis is too heavy on a 'llotment forum,but ooh,makes me so maayd!)
i,we,you,do not know yet whether the guy had anythin to do with any ov the plannin,the bombin,the aftermath,never will for sure now eh?but no smoke without fire,the sas,sbs,or whoevers in charge ov these fings musta been watchin him 4a reason,i mean,they sat outside his house,waited till he left,followed him to the tube,let him get on....do you see where im goin with this?2 those of you who are gonna say 'but if he'd set a bomb off and the cops hadnt done anythin,youd still be slaggin em off' WRONG,wot im narked about(slightly!)is the fact dat,if he was dat much of a threat,why let him get on de tube?why chase him when he was on de tube an den shoot him 5 FRICKIN TIMES IN DE HED wen he woz ALREADY PINNED DOWN?5 TIMES?!dat to me says de bod who shot im woz scared and angry(as are we all),an if wer gonna av armed coppers ''lookin after'' us,i dont want em to be scared an angry,i want em to have a steady hand and an even steadier head.

where i come from,dats called murder.

when i heard about this,i felt sick and i filled up.

bet it wont be the last time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPEACExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vegetable rights and peace!

intastella

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 07:03:31 »
sorry bout de rant!

im off to me garden to eat worms...

well..slug patrol...sposed to taste alrite wi salt on em tho..arent they?

love an peas (ta wardy!)  :-*
vegetable rights and peace!

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 11:11:49 »
no, murder is what happened two weeks ago.
it's what happened at the world trade centre, barley and countless other places recently.
one man left the attempted murder site on thursday with wires protuding from his shirt, leading police to believe he was wired with explosives that he could detonate.
i think the policeman concerned had to make a difficult decision that will live with him for the rest of his life.
i also think he made the right decision and i'm glad.
now i'm going to leave this thread and go back to happy talk of gardening because terrorist scum have taken up enough of my time this week already.
cheers, Tara. still proud to be a londoner.

kelso

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 13:03:05 »
When an armed policeman (in a recently bombed city) points a gun at you and shouts "STOP ARMED POLICE", you don't run! :o
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 21:03:48 by Miers »
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 21:50:25 »
But then if he was an armed policeman in plain clothes and shouts to a Brazilian "STOP ARMED POLICE" and the Brazilian thought he was a robber chasing him and spoke/understood little English? :-\

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 23:02:49 »
I read that the police had had 'the house' under surveillance for some time. What I didn't see were any references to what kind of house it was, i.e. whether it was split into bedsits. Having lived in one many moons ago, I know how easy it can be to live in such a building with no idea whatsoever as to who your neighbours are or what they're up to. The man may have been simply renting a room - or even just visiting.
First reports also mentioned how he was dressed - in bulky clothing, at odds with the summer weather. But as I recall, Friday in London was dull and overcast with the threat of rain, and quite breezy - even I was wearing a jumper.
I'm not seeking to criticise here, just a little puzzled by it all.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 01:17:09 »
I believe the 'house' was a block of Council flats. They can't have suspected the occupants of every flat, surely, yet living there carried the death penalty for one innocent bystander. All it's achieved is a nice bit of publicity for al-Qaida.

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 09:19:11 »
But then if he was an armed policeman in plain clothes and shouts to a Brazilian "STOP ARMED POLICE" and the Brazilian thought he was a robber chasing him and spoke/understood little English? :-\

This chap was Brazilian, hence he spoke Portugese, and the Portugese word for police is "polícias". He would have known what it meant. Maybe he was a petty thief or a drug dealer and ran because he thought that was why they were after him.

However, I have heard on another forum that the new police 'rules of engagement' for suspected suicide bombers it to shoot to kill without giving a warning first. This is a scary prospect, but makes sense if you consider what a bomber might do if he thinks they're on to him. If this is widely known then perhaps people won't be as daft as to run towards a crowded train when challenged.

It seems odd that the police followed this guy right into a tube station before taking any action. Surely they could have stopped him beforehand, somewhere where there were less people. It's a terrible mistake, and one I hope isn't repeated.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 00:47:41 »
He was an immigrant, and they're often scared of police due to experiences back home. My daughter used to have a panic attack every time she saw a soldier, and I've known others who reacted badly to the sight of a police uniform. It needn't imply any sort of guilty conscience.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal