Author Topic: wahey!!!! it's raining  (Read 4343 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: wahey!!!! it's raining
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 06:12:54 »
Metcheck forgiven - another 5mm last night!

ndkc2003

• Not So New ...
  • Zak - the other man in my life.
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 09:30:23 »
I'm In North Yorkshire very near to Scotch Corner, we haven't had any yet but its looking like it will not be long.

dingerbell

• Half Acre
  • A very productive morning
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 10:01:09 »
2 Days of steady earth soaking rain.....refreshment from Heaven. The whole allotment has taken on a new greener "bursting with fabulous veggie potential" look :D
The weeds are looking bigger than ever as well. Better go and pull the buggers up before they drink all the nourishment ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 10:26:21 »
I've not been to plot for a few days but hope to get there today to check the water level in me butt  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 11:05:16 »
And what's the betting that - like with our 7 - the feed pipe is blocked with roof moss & you got nothing??

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 11:54:02 »
Lots of rain yesterday in Surrey and what looks like it's going to be a good steady rain just started this morning.  Later on I'm going to try and persuade my son that he wants to spend the first day of his summer holiday in the rain checking out the lottie  ;D  Wish me luck!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 13:19:52 »
Fab fab fab!  It rained on and off through the night, then stopped so I could get to the plot this morning, and on the drive home, it started to rain nice and steadily again!  Thanks mother nature. ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 13:33:02 »
we have had none stop rain for 24 hours now. Was so hard at times that my fuschias and canna are bent double - hoipe it is weight of water and not damaged!!

Is great for the garden, but not so good for my new lottie as I am half way through clearing all the weeds and have them stacked up in piles to dry before I burn them! bet I will have to start again by the time I get down there. Oh well, still smiling! 

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 14:10:31 »
Hooray! It started here on Saturday evening. pretty heavy. I was so glad it actually started before I watered the garden! It chucked it down all sunday morning, stopped briefly in the afternoon for my riding lesson and then was torrential all night again. Hooray! Sunday morning - we wrapped up well and were working in the garden - the plants looked so happy for their wash and drink! Everything looked so green and lucious.

Even with only watering the plants in containers daily (or every other day in cooler weather) and the veg beds every second or third day, I'm using half a waterbutt of water each time. (for weeks now it's been tap water)

I've been trying to save bathwater for the flower beds. It's fine at weekends to save the mornings bathwater, but during the week, I can't save it - we have baths in the evening and showers in the morning. Don't have time to empty the bath into the garden in the morning before work and the plug doesn't quite fit properly, so if I left it until the evening, it would have all gone anyway!
gone to pot :D

Swede Pea

• Not So New ...
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 19:19:34 »
am sorry to say plot was forgotten about yesterday - was doing the London to Cambridge 50 mile bike ride in the pouring, non-stop rain  :( but I wasn't complaining as was just imagining it all being sucked up by my veggies on my plot he he ;D. bet my marrow and squashes have turned into trailing monsters by now, I'm sure you could watch them grow in an hour if you looked carefully!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal