Author Topic: Serious question, no really!!  (Read 3973 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Serious question, no really!!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 23:16:08 »
Didn't you know?   ;) Lottie  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 23:17:34 »
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

....there's no answer to that one lol  :D ;)
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2005, 23:21:19 »
.....oh,  and why undercarraige plan - or is that something personal?!
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2005, 23:25:50 »
Just so stupid, beggars belief!! Was trying to get account on e-bay, all usernames in universe taken, so OH says try undercarriage, that had been taken, ( he flies model planes) so tried undercarriage plants (me, gardener!), got in.  So when joined here, typed in undercarriage plants.......but only enough space for undercarriage plan!!!!! Didn't realize til logged in! I must have done something really bad in last life!!  ;D  Lottie

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2005, 23:29:43 »
Ooohhhhhhhh that makes sense.  Won't lower the tone any further tonight then by taking you where my mind was wandering  ;) thought maybe...nope not going there  ::) :P :D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2005, 23:38:59 »
Very wise......! Don't want a detention ;) Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 08:40:41 »
Ever thought about being a diplomat Icy!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:43:15 by Derekthefox »

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 08:46:25 »
OK, raising tone again: For years people ahve been eating broccoli stems and its been known as 'poor man's asparagus'
Dawn

dingerbell

• Half Acre
  • A very productive morning
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 09:58:02 »
This is my first year and I was seduced by the glossy seed catalogue blurb and planted Asparagus Peas. Very pretty plant but the little seed pods don't taste anything like Asparagus, I'll stick to Brocolli stems in future ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 11:23:38 »
That surprises me Dingerbell, as I thought they WERE supposed to taste like asparagus! I never been inclined to grow them, perhaps I never will now.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 13:45:35 »
Thanks for that, Dawn! And is it possigle to get addicted to it!! Heading off to lottie to get more!!!!!!! Never thought I'd say, beginning to prefer brocoli to asparagus!!!  Brocoli help line??  ;D Lottie

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 13:57:30 »
Addicted? not sure about that lottie! Mind you, nieces and nephews can never get enough of it. Isn't there a saying ' A broccoli a day keeps George Bush away'?

For those who buy veg from supermarket (horror! :o ) at extortionate prices (more horror!  :o :o ) i notice that Sainsbury's actually sell pre-packed and washed bags of broccoli stem offcuts now. 
Dawn

undercarriage plan

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 14:09:10 »
Errrrr!! Probably disinfected as well, just to be on the safe side!!  All my seeds for this year cost me about £25.00 for whole season, can't imagine how much I would have spent at supermarket in veg?  Lottie

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 16:45:44 »
Excluding potatoes, that was my seed bill for this year too.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2005, 19:41:45 »
Funny thing is, when I'm buying the seeds, feel like I'm spending an absolute fortune!! Could almost be classed as retail therapy.......... Lottie  ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 20:41:49 »
;D I recently spent £9 in the Wilko sale that saved me £9 now I see they have knocked 75% off their remaining stock >:( still there wasn't much variety left :P so I'm nearly ready for next year. ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 21:03:28 »
I get most of my seeds from Kings through the allotment association, works out about half listed price.

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2005, 21:47:39 »
Being a diplomat Derek?   Mmmmmmmmm  sounds like a nice job.  What dya reckon Lottie  8)  ;)  No point being a ladder maker for I couldn't even find one to get me out of this little hole........

As for seeds I'm the worlds worst shopper which has me banned from the supermarket by wifey anyway lol   My seed buying tends be along the lines of "oh, there's some seeds, that looks nice,  think I'll try that".   Could be from the corner shop, Co-op Tesco, garage anywhere  ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 21:49:28 by Icyberjunkie »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 00:50:32 »
Once in hole ,Icy best to stay very quiet for while!!!!!!  And hope someone up top has rope ladder!!   Or keep digging to other side!!    ;) Lottie   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal