Author Topic: I'm pondering these right now.  (Read 1337 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
I'm pondering these right now.
« on: July 29, 2005, 13:09:47 »
Ok my garden is very well watered and my water butt is now full to the brim, the rain can go away now.

And...why  did I wake up at 3:30 this morning wondering how the dolphin was doing in this weather?!Why was I was really concerned about it, what with it being windy and raining! I was even considering what does a dolphin do when it needs a nap.? Hmmm. I didn't have any cheese before I went to bed. Why did I even need to wake up to debate this with myself?

Why when I'm going out for the first time in ages do I develop an enormous zit on my otherwise flawless (well I like to think so) chin?

Do I wear flip flops or fins?

Hmmmm. ::)

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
Re: I'm pondering these right now.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 14:44:57 »
dolphins sleep with one eye open - in effect only sleeping with half a brain at a time. they swim in circles with the open eye outward so as to spot predators, the other eye sleeps. then they swap it around.

there you are, heldi - better? :)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 15:13:13 »
Hmmmm, I have this strange feeling you are going to fit in very well here Heidi ! :D

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 16:37:02 »
btw, heldi, swallows also sleep while in flight.
dont know how they manage that!
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 17:12:01 »
Ah ha the mystery is solved!  I shall hopefully not be up in the middle of the night worrying about the dolphin in our harbour. I was also concerned though,about how they breathed. So I guess the awake side of the brain still goes up for a breath I suppose.

How long can tadpoles survive out of the water...when they have gills but no legs? We've had loads of rain and some of mine were washed overboard. I swear they were as limp as a dead limp thing. I put them back into their pond (in a sink) and did they not float about lifeless for a few moments then flick their tails and disappear! Thank god! I thought I'd lost em for good.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 17:17:16 »
Derek - how true  ;D   My old man sometimes sleeps with an eye open.  He reminds me of Basil Fawlty  ;D 

Pleased to hear your tadpoles are in the swim again Heidi  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 16:51:19 »
Rescued another today and again it did a floating upside down on the surface thing before a flick of it's tail and was gone. I've been told they can almost dry out before croaking it (sorry bad joke) as long as they have gills.

Didn't wear flipflops or fins last night,I wore platforms and took a taxi heehee!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal