Author Topic: Open Day  (Read 1617 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Open Day
« on: July 15, 2005, 21:21:40 »
If anyone in the Birmingham area wants to see some rather unusual allotments, going back to the leisure gardens which used to ring every town and city in England 150 years ago, come to our Open Day at the Guinea Gardens on Saturday 30 July, from 2pm. Admission 50p. It's in Edgbaston, off Westbourne Rd. Head for the Botanical Gardens (well signposted), and carry on past the entrance down the hill for 150 years, then turn left down a very narrow lane signposted EALTS. Go right down to the bottom and through the green gates. There's unlikely to be any parking on the site, so youll have to find space in the road somewhere and walk down. Go to the bottom of Westbourne Rd., turn right up the hill, and you'll probably find a space along there. My plot is No. 25, I probably won't be opening it officially as it's in a fearful mess due to the weeds growing while I was marking exampapers (and I just got an SOS from them, and I'm going back to it for a bit!). If I'm around, do pop in.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Open Day
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 22:46:03 »
Hi Robert I'd love to pop in and have a look around it sounds very interesting, if I parked in the car park opposite the Swan Pub where there are a few shops, would it be very far to walk from there to your Lottie for a semi fit OAP? Or would the Bus drop me nearer to it? ;D

Cheers Roy ;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 11:24:23 »
I can't place the Swan (I get massive disapproval from the family if I go pubbing! 'You are drunk! You are not allowed to drink that! Etc, etc.), but busses 21, 22, and 23 will drop you just by the top of the lane; the stop is just after you pass the Botanical Gardens.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 23:52:52 »
It's always been successful, don't worry. Photos willbe easy as long as the batteries in the camera don't run out; I still don't feel entirely comfortable being dependent on a battery for a camera rather than the old clockwork.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal