Author Topic: Gawn and done it!!  (Read 8169 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Gawn and done it!!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2005, 19:30:23 »
Well, I've been diggin all day, but finally got the site cleared and ready for polytunnel.  Thought if I posted pic then if anyone can see me doing something daft, they can put me right, please!! To date, I've cut down nettles, my Dad harrowed over them, today I went over it and took out all roots I could find, raked it, danced 2step over it to firm, then raked again!!! Bit on the tired side, really filthy but well chuffed!!! Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2005, 00:17:51 »
Gosh, well done Lottie, you must be well and truly exhausted after that. Bet you have muscles like an Irish Navvy now eh!  :D

No, joking aside, you have good reason to feel proud of yourself.

Hope you don't get despondent next week, with most of us being away . . .

Derek  :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2005, 08:27:53 »
Thanks Derek, too busy showing Arnie how it's done..... ;D Have a wonderful hol. By the time you get back, hopefully the pt (eh Greenwizzard ;)) will be up, and I'll be sat on grass beaming!! Or crying hysterically........ ::) Lottie  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2005, 09:33:08 »
Did you put the nettles on the compost heap?  They make a good brew  :)

I hope you find putting up your polytunnel a breeze  ;D  Will be if you do it in a force 10.  I expect it will be like flatpack only bigger.  You'll have to take charge of the instructions though Lotty if you're getting help from blokes as the first thing they do is put the instructions to one side unread and then end up with loads left over and the doors upside down  ;D

Good luck with it - you'll need it  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2005, 13:19:23 »
Thanks Wardy!! And thank you for nettle advice!! I had put them on compost heap, but I'm going back this pm, so will put some soaking in water, is this right??? All advice gratefully received, I don't have a proud bone in my body!! Will also take construction point very seriously, I think I'll sit on the side lines and holler orders!! Don't want to need ladder to get in..... ::) ::) ::) Lottie ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2005, 14:08:45 »
They make good compost activator or nettle tea to feed your plants so nowt gets wasted  :)  Good plan about dishing out orders to your PT erection squad  ;D 

Make sure you don't get the plastic inside out

Naaaaahhhh, only kiddin  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2005, 14:13:53 »
Gawd!! Be careful what you instruct me to do!! I am the world's most gullible person!! Keeps OH very amused when he's at a loose end, "Lottie baiting".... ::) Lottie  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2005, 16:24:31 »
Great excitement cos it's here!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Now, Wardy which way does the plastic go???? Lottie  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal