Author Topic: Holiday thread  (Read 3247 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Holiday thread
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 20:17:22 »
 I'm in a huff because I've been trying for ages to get a good shot of the gulls around here. I love the whiteness of their plummage. There is a  small type I've noticed today that has a longish red beak. It is very beautiful but won't keep still!  Think it may be a seasonal visitor.

The latest pic of the waves crashing against the rocks...it looks to me like the rocks are almost curling their toes. All wrinkly against the cold!  Great picture. That would look good on my wall too!

I love your pictures DD.  ;D

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 20:28:16 »
Glad you like the wave photo's Heldi. If you look closely at the rocks in the distance you can see my photo, just changed lens took it from where we were having a cup of coffee.
GW some cottage, we all said when we win the ..................
DD
Second photo of people walking across the causeway to the mount. Blurred the people to try and keep there anonymity.

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 20:43:56 »
Last photo's tonight anyway.
2 of the helicopter again taken from the Minack steps. Not sure if it was a drill or a real emergency, only the day before a local man said to take care whilst fishing from the rocks at high water. Should always take more notice of people that know more about the area than yourself.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 21:34:46 »
Yes I see that now. Fantastic.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 22:49:28 »
Must say DD you have a gift for capture ;)

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005, 00:48:28 »
Last couple on this thread. Weather was out of this world, scenery I suppose you could say twas alright.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal