Author Topic: Elsa..Please keep your fingers crossed.  (Read 2046 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Elsa..Please keep your fingers crossed.
« on: July 15, 2005, 19:06:24 »
Some weeks ago Elsa had to have six teeth removed and had ulcers in her throat.,Antibiotics were given and all seemed well. Anyhow she has been "pawing" her mouth again. Wed I took her for her booster jab and asked the vet to check her out again.Outcome of that visit was that she has been at the vets all day and they have done an investigation and also a biopsy from her tonsils. We will get results end of week. The vet has told me that if it just turns out to be ulcer trouble again she can be treated but should it be cancerous we will have to discuss it. You can imagine I am dreading the results but just have to take one step at a time. She was my late husbands darling (and of course mine) . So PLEASE keep your fingers crossed for good news. Lorna.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Elsa..Please keep your fingers crossed.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 20:08:06 »
Ah Lorna, you have a worrying time ahead of you with your Elsa.  Pets are part of the family and alas they dont live as long as us which makes it so much harder for us to see they are getting older and health problems crop up.  I hope whatever is on her tonsils will be an ulcer.  Will be thinking about you and try and not worry too much.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 22:19:38 »
Thanks Carol. Don't really expect to  have these worries in a young dog. She is six in Sept. However the family are just looking to the good news that we hope to get. Thanks for your thoughts. Lorna.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 23:46:06 »
Oh she is only 6, well then, wont be very much I dont think.  You said on an earlier post (with picture) that she barks a lot, she may jsut have something on her tonsil which gets aggravated with barking!!!  Try not worry.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 09:12:49 »
Wardy and Carol. Thanks for your concern . I suppose the vet saying that word Cancerous just set me worrying. Maybe the vet thought I should be aware of any nasty problems but I almost wish he hadn't mentioned it. She always takes any medication squeezed in a little bit of mars bar but I swear last night she saw me put the tablets in and refused to take it.. The vet said I could try her with a small feed later in the evening so I shredded her a little boiled chicken and Lorna (jnr) cane round and sat and persuaded her to eat it. I had split open the capsule and sprinkled it on the chicken.. Same this morning, she loves her food and was keen on her chicken this morning. I sat with her all evening as every time I moved from the room she was following me and bless her she was so wobbly. Will let you know as soon as I get results. Thanks again. Lorna.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 10:22:46 »
 :( Poor little Elsa :( I hope she makes a rapid recovery, we have our fingers crossed for her ;) I'm sure she will be fine :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 13:22:29 »
Wardy. I know the feeling!! Elsa has always come with us everywhere which my husband loved. If left she would bark bark. It is sometimes a pain. This week I have been trying to get to see a friend who has just had a hip op but of course it has been far too hot to leave her in the car. If anybody goes near the car she goes mad so I just drape a cloth over the top of her cage and she will lay in the car for 2/3 hours. When she is here on her own with me she isn't any bother, she follows me everywhere. Now that "Dad " is no longer here she lays on my lap or on the floor whichever room I am in. She adores all the children and grandchildren..Lorna.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 13:27:10 »
Wardy. PS   meant to say he looks so innocent !! Lovely pic. Lorna.

Emm P

• Half Acre
    • Living History
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 18:03:01 »
Wardy - there are plenty of 'dog friendly' hotels around.

And pet passports, if you want to go abroad.
 ;)
No outfit is complete - without dog hairs!!!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 21:15:20 »
I'm not sure this is the right time to mention to you about Dogs and Chocolate but I feel you ought to know if you don't already. Chocolate is really not good for dogs, in particular small dogs and even worse with dogs that have a history of heart problems, Cavaliers sadly fall into this category. :(

BTW Harvey is my first dog so I am new to all this, a lot of Cavalier's develope a heart condition Mitral Valve Disease (MVD) doesn’t necessarily mean they will have a shorter life, but a healthy diet is essential.

This is an excellent site for Cavalier owners…Click Breed Info. Then Health Issues. Then scroll down to Miral Valve Disease.

http://www.cavaliers.co.uk/

http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES/DOGS/chocolatetoxic.HTM

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 11:32:44 »
Hi Roy. Found the sites very interesting. Before we got Elsa I did try and find out as much info as I could. Re chocolate I was aware that it is bad for them and she has only a very small amount if medication is needed. However that site taught me a lot more than I knew. Thanks for pointing us to it. Normally if she has to have tablets I manage to administer them OK but of course on Friday I was trying to be very gentle as she had mouth stitches. Anyhow on a lighter note there are now so many people with their fingers crossed I am sure we will get results we hope for on Thurs/Friday :) Regards Lorna.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal