Author Topic: Empty Green House...  (Read 1204 times)

redcow

• Not So New ...
Empty Green House...
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:29:31 »
This is my first year growing my own. I have just put my tomatoes outside and there is nothing in my green house which seems a waste. Any ideas what I can put in there??? This year I have grown peas (which are lovely) tomatoes and pumpkins.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: Empty Green House...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:05 »
EMPTY GREENHOUSE  :o  :o  :o You should rent the space to some of us on here! ;D  ;D     Mine is full of Aubergines, cucumbers and tomatoes, oh and various peppers, then when they finish, I shall be sowing lettuces in the bed and using the rest of the space to overwinter my "delicates!"
You could trawl the garden centers and see if there are any  largish Aubergine, cucumber or Pepper plants still lurking?
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

redcow

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 13:37:54 »
Many thanks for your ideas..

I have just been out and bought some spring onion and cauliflower seeds. I am sure they will be all right.... Fingers crossed....  ;)

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:34:42 »
I put a raised bed in my greenhouse and it has seen beautiful carrots, spring onions, lettuce on a continual basis..  One of my rare successes especially the carrots as I have been totally unsuccessful in the ground on the plot.

I have this last weekend errected a raised bed outside on the plot with another being added within the next few weeks. ...looking forward to next year already!

Derek

Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal