Author Topic: Continuing cup situation.....  (Read 3923 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Continuing cup situation.....
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 18:46:59 »
OK, here we go!! As requested (and cos I can't resist!!) pics of 3 remaining onions and certificates, can't quite get them to glint and shine though.......! NEED BIG, SHINEY CUP!! WHO AM I KIDDING! Lottie  ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 19:15:28 »
now those are what I call onions

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 19:21:29 »
A very impressive trio of onions  :o - just a wee bit better than my scabby miniatures!!!!
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 21:50:46 »
Lottie. They would be in a frame (certificates I mean ;D) for all to see if they were mine. Lovely. Lorna.

lottie187

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 22:23:23 »
Thanks! Saving up for reinforced shelf for big shiney cup!  Lottie  ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 08:28:15 »
;D Well done Lottie, very nice  :) You said the other day that you were taking garden club kids to allotment, do you have a place indoors where you all gather cos if you do I would take pic of onions & frame it then frame certificates & create a wall where you all display achievements  ;D adults & kids of course, it gives them (kids) such a boost to see it on display.  ;D ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

undercarriage plan

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 15:14:02 »
Yes, I did, Marley. I was dreading it, but it was wonderful!!! 20 kids (and headteacher!!!), they were all a bit jittery at first, but after 10 mins or so they were eating tayberrries, raw broad beans from the pod, digging a bag of pots for my mum and generally having a blast!!! Some had never tried raw beans etc, and they're gong to get parents to let them have a bit of garden!! I'd post pic, but don't like to of other peeps children. Nice idea about frames in shed, but that's where I keep all tools so wouldn't let them in!!  Lottie :)

lancelotment

• Half Acre
  • Great North Swim, 1 mile open water, Windermere'08
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 17:12:17 »
Lottie, as a Scunthorpe born lad I've seen football club trophy cabinets that have less winners medals.  Well done!  Lance  ;)
Getting there - just rather slowly!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 18:08:48 »
Thanks you, Lance!! Still got big grin! Lottie  ;D ;D ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2005, 08:30:25 »
:) Lottie, you're a star,  ;D ;D ;D  those kids are really lucky, it's great to be able to show kids nature & for them to enjoy it, not be afraid to try. I f you went with the headteacher then I take it all from same school, why not ask if there is a wall in school somewhere that you could have for gardening club to display pictures & things to do with their growing experiences, progress report etc & of course certificates or copies of certificates perhaps?? It's a shame but entirely understand & agree about photos. If you had a wall it might help to encourage the parents too, to see their kids progress on display.  ??? Just a thought.  :)
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal