Author Topic: A bit of fun?  (Read 2542 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
A bit of fun?
« on: July 05, 2005, 22:20:14 »
I'm currently on a development course and part of it involves a Myers Briggs assessment of my personalality preferences.  Their website has a quick diy assesment process (which takes less than a minute) and I predict I will come out as ESTJ. 

Here's the gen - would be interested to know how you think you'd come out and whether you think it has a bearing on how we get along.

Gxx

Working out your Myers Briggs type
The Myers Briggs model of personality is a theory of preference, which is analogous to handedness.

Your Myers Briggs preferences are relatively static throughout life (you are right or left handed all your life). However, your behaviour can change in different contexts (you sometimes use your right, or left, or both hands, depending on the situation.).

The difference between your preferred and actual behaviour is called the "stretch", and understanding your stretch can be useful in many ways - from improving your performance to managing your levels of stress.

A description of the Myers Briggs 'letters'
The Myers Briggs model of personality is based on 4 preferences.

Where, primarily, do you direct your energy?
If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with people, things, situations, or "the outer world", then your preference is for Extraversion. This is denoted by the letter "E".
If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with ideas, information, explanations or beliefs, or "the inner world", then your preference is for Introversion. This is denoted by the letter "I".

How do you prefer to process information?
If you prefer to deal with facts, what you know, to have clarity, or to describe what you see, then your preference is for Sensing. This is denoted by the letter "S".
If you prefer to deal with ideas, look into the unknown, to generate new possibilities or to anticipate what isn't obvious, then your preference is for Intuition. This is denoted by the letter "N".

How do you prefer to make decisions?
If you prefer to decide on the basis of objective logic, using an analytic and detached approach, then your preference is for Thinking. This is denoted by the letter "T".
If you prefer to decide using values and/or personal beliefs, on the basis of what you believe is important or what you or others care about, then your preference is for Feeling. This is denoted by the letter "F".

How do you prefer to organise your life?
If you prefer your life to be planned, stable and organised then your preference is for Judging (not to be confused with 'Judgemental', which is quite different). This is denoted by the letter "J".
If you prefer to go with the flow, to maintain flexibility and respond to things as they arise, then your preference is for Perception. This is denoted by the letter "P".
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: A bit of fun?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 23:27:56 »
I had mine done years ago; I came out as INFP.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 00:14:51 »
INFJ ! ;D

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 00:17:09 »
Currently doing a Diploma in Management at Loughborough University so did this last week. ;D

I too am a ESTJ

As an ESTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

ESTJs are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest.

The ESTJ is usually a model citizen, and pillar of the community. He or she takes their commitments seriously, and follows their own standards of "good citizenship" to the letter. ESTJ enjoys interacting with people, and likes to have fun. ESTJs can be very boisterous and fun at social events, especially activities which are focused on the family, community, or work.

The ESTJ needs to watch out for the tendency to be too rigid, and to become overly detail-oriented. Since they put a lot of weight in their own beliefs, it's important that they remember to value other people's input and opinions. If they neglect their Feeling side, they may have a problem with fulfilling other's needs for intimacy, and may unknowingly hurt people's feelings by applying logic and reason to situations which demand more emotional sensitivity.

When bogged down by stress, an ESTJ often feels isolated from others. They feel as if they are misunderstood and undervalued, and that their efforts are taken for granted. Although normally the ESTJ is very verbal and doesn't have any problem expressing themself, when under stress they have a hard time putting their feelings into words and communicating them to others.

ESTJs value security and social order above all else, and feel obligated to do all that they can to enhance and promote these goals. They will mow the lawn, vote, join the PTA, attend home owners association meetings, and generally do anything that they can to promote personal and social security.

The ESTJ puts forth a lot of effort in almost everything that they do. They will do everything that they think should be done in their job, marriage, and community with a good amount of energy. He or she is conscientious, practical, realistic, and dependable. While the ESTJ will dutifully do everything that is important to work towards a particular cause or goal, they might not naturally see or value the importance of goals which are outside of their practical scope. However, if the ESTJ is able to see the relevance of such goals to practical concerns, you can bet that they'll put every effort into understanding them and incorporating them into their quest for clarity and security.

(sorry for the long post)
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 08:35:39 »
oooer. isfj

ISFJ - The Dominant function is the perceptive one of Sensing. Characteristics associated with this function include:

Likes looking at information in terms of facts and details
Focuses more on the here and now rather than possibilities for the future
Feels comfortable in areas of proven experience
Takes a realistic approach
Dawn

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 09:53:31 »
INFJ   :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 23:16:27 »
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I tried this site and came out the same as Robert B, I initially marked myself differently.  :-\
Get with the beat Baggy

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 23:42:42 »
ENFP here, whatever that means! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 00:02:23 »
ISFJ!!  ;D I don't know what that means!! Need to go and practice cup shining!! Lottie  ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 00:44:38 »
Your Type is  INTJ

Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
       44             62               25                  11

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
    * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    * moderately expressed thinking personality
    * slightly expressed judging personality

Where's that rope?  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Gadfium

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 01:54:50 »
INTJ too.

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

89%             88%        25%      11%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula. You are:

-very expressed introvert
-very expressed intuitive personality
-moderately expressed thinking personality
-slightly expressed judging personality

Oh dear...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 02:03:43 by Gadfium »

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 06:01:02 »
ENTJ !  :o
another member of i forgot my password

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 21:43:32 »
INFJ

Introverted   Intuitive   Feeling      Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67                     12                   38               56

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
    * slightly expressed intuitive personality
    * moderately expressed feeling personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality

Bit surprised by the F - I'd've expected that one to be even closer than the S/N one.

We don't seem to have much in common, Georgie!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 13:31:20 »
Ava's description pretty much sums me up - and I'm a Virgo too, who'd have thought it?   ;)

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal