Author Topic: knackerd  (Read 1655 times)

ivanhoe

• Not So New ...
knackerd
« on: July 03, 2005, 21:33:28 »
Got my self a plot on Monday.
and have spent every day there  it was well over grown.
was there to day and finised off the striming.
will be rotavating half or it hopefully in the next week.
Have taken photos before and after  but dont no how to put them up if i was to email them could some one put them up for me please.
thanks.
ivan

wardy

• Hectare
Re: knackerd
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 23:08:09 »
Glad to hear you've got yourself a plot.  don't go mad and wear yourself out as you'll get fed up.  Will post pics if you want to send them to me.   Are you sure about rotovating?  If there are weeds in it I wouldn't rotovate as you'll be multiplying the problem  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

slugcatcher

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 06:09:47 »
I agree with Wardy DONT rotovate you will be really upset when you start finding little pieces of root that you have chopped up.

Well done getting your plot, take your time.

Ron
Dont screw up the best things in life cos you dont know who you are, or where you are going !!

supernan

• Half Acre
  • Chief mushroom compost digger, Bud
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 07:31:33 »
 :) Hi Ivan, welcome!!!

I agree on the rotovating, having done this on a previous plot!!!

Best to mark out a plot, dig and weed by hand. Cover the rest with black plastic, old carpet or underlay. Leave until weeds, grass have died. You can work on extra bits as before when you get time.

My friend gave me good advice and so have the guys on hereits,  Do one area well, clearing it properly or you will get double/triple the weeds next year.

Rotovators are brilliant to use once you do the worst by hand.

Good luck and stock up on plasters for the blisters and beer so you can get plastered when you are knackered.
Supernan!!

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 07:45:49 »
Rotavating works but it's no faster than digging by hand as you have to go over it 3 or 4 times at monthly intervals

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal