Author Topic: that's one way of displaying your caulies  (Read 2051 times)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
that's one way of displaying your caulies
« on: June 03, 2005, 08:41:44 »

INSPIRED FASHION VEGETABLE ENTHUSIAST
BUT DON'T MENTION CAULIFLOWERS
Wile most girls her age are busy trying to fill out their wonderbras, 18 year old Pinar Yocalan prefers to stuff vegetables. With human hair. Need I say, she is not your average teenager.
"Vegetables are real. They have a lot in common with people. They have skin and they rot." I am informed by the kooky Turkish artist. "With the vegetables there is a softness that can symbolise human fellings very well."
And by lookin at her 'Wet Melon' creation which "cries" as it rots or the 'Tight Cabbage' with popper buttons sewn into the leaves so that it can be snapped back into life when it begins to get limp, one begins to gain a fond appreciation for her collection of organic personalities.
Her first London show was held at the Pineal Eye and proved a great success, except for people complaining about the stench from decomposing exhibits. "I kept having to go to the market to buy new pumpkins" she informs me in fits of giggles, the only hint of her young years.
Pinar's passion for vegetables does not include the "horrible stinky" cauliflower. "They are good girls food. They (good girls) eat them to please their mothers. No one really likes to eat them. They smell."
From this hatred came the scary 'Cauliflower Blouse' and 'Cauliflower with Lace' which displays the demon veg on a white leather background in a graveyard "where it belongs."
There are plenty of future exhibitions in the pipeline and for now Pinar is off to St Martins to study fashion. But she is more interested in exploring other foodstuffs ("chicken skin is very interesting")"My work is all about concepts. With a good concept you can do anything." Wise words vegetable woman. NB
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

wardy

• Hectare
Re: that's one way of displaying your caulies
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 16:41:25 »
how very bizarre!   ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 22:13:41 »
A Turkish 'Tracey Emmin'

Debs ;D ;D

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 23:43:57 »
You may be closer than you think - Tracy Emin is part Turkish!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal