Author Topic: Feeling fruity?  (Read 1347 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Feeling fruity?
« on: July 06, 2005, 21:26:57 »
This is the best year I can remember for the gorgeous soft fruits!  This is only todays offering.  I have already made an array of jams, have some fruit frozen, and we have been eating berries nightly for the past 2 weeks!  ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Feeling fruity?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 21:43:35 »
:o Ava you have married "Wonder Woman". ;D

Emma where do you find the time and energy gal? :)

You don't do Bed 'n' Breakfast by any chance, I could be there in a flash ;D

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 22:02:25 »
how big is your lottie?? it must be a farm, the amount you bring home.

PS, how is your fruit cage made? couldyou please take a few piccies of it next time your down. how big is it? its one of my plans during the winter and am looking for ideas. saw you had one from the other pics you put in, and was VERY intrigued, especially if i can get fruit like that!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 22:31:28 »
I have 2 allotments, but I shall have to wait for my darling Ava before I can tell you how big they are.  However, I do tend to cram things in wherever I can.  All of my fruit bushes grow in the dappled shade of my 2 apple trees that I inherited when I took on the plot.  My fruit cage is made from an old frame tent, and a few bamboos with netting tied over.  It is a bit haphazard, but I can stand up in it, the fruit is well protected, and it is very sturdy!  I shall try to remember to take my camera again next visit and take some snaps of it.

Roy, beneath this mild mannered exterior is a manic frenzied woman, who only wears her knickers on the outside of her tights when there are raspberries to pick and rain is forecast!  ;D  B&B, it would have to be courgettes on toast followed by a medly of courgettes, with a side order of recurrants!  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal