Author Topic: rent  (Read 26336 times)

barngardener

Re: rent
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2006, 15:34:48 »
 :)Hi All, just registered so new to all this, this is also my first year on the allotment  mine is in a village outside of Barnsley, this year the rent  was 29.00 but they have put a water tap at my gate recently so I expect this to rise

Shas

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2006, 07:56:12 »
Just under 50 quid a year in Blackpool for full plot, payable quarterly.  But, we have loads of water taps (one right outside our plot), nothing extra to pay except a fiver a year for our own site association,   We have free water, well rotted manure delivered regularly, excellent security, cheap hire of petrol shredders, strimmers, rotovators etc., regular collections of scrap, and social events.  Our secretary told us the other week we are planning on having a 'clubhouse' built in the near future too.
Got our first quarter free, 'coz of the state it was in.
Less than a quid a week for fresh veg?  We think it's a bargain! (Or will next year when we grow some!).

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2006, 14:39:47 »
Hi

MInes is in Kent - council owned and cost is £35 per year with free water - at the end of next doors plot!  Includes concrete paths, small concrete shed (not on plot though  :( ) and preety secure fencing and gates etc.

Louise
X
Grow yer bugger grow!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2006, 19:26:51 »
Ours are all owned by Lord Guisborough. Tennacy secured for only ten years on the site. We pay £20 - rising to £25 in 2007. There are taps but you are not allowed to use hosepipes. The taps are for the welbeing of livestock. (People are always testing to see the taps still work......with jerrycan in hand ;) We also pay £1 per annum membership to use the allotment shop - this is £1 well spent.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2006, 20:26:13 »
We're going to be paying £40 per year, and there is water on tap, but no allotment shop, loo or security! However, both of our neighbours have been there around 30 years so I'm guessing their experience will be priceless!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

plot73

• Not So New ...
  • Just sniffin' around
    • http://plot73.blogspot.com/
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2006, 22:21:43 »
Mines in Crawley and rented from the local council at a rate of 26p (13p for OAPS) per m2, so mine will set me back £41 pounds. We also pay a crisp fiver to the Allot Soc. for the shop and other bits and bobs. Water is included (no hosepipes tho) with the tap right on the corner of my plot ;D
Stuck at my desk, wishing I was outside

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

http://plot73.blogspot.com/

http://www.pendragon-it.com

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2006, 16:51:12 »
We are a private site in Derby, we actually own the land so no Landlord to pay... have a security fence, taps and a flushing toilet block. We have just had a rent rise of 50% to £15 per 300sq yards pa... courtesy of the nasty treasurer (ME!)
 ;D

arphamoe

• Not So New ...
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2006, 20:16:28 »
Here in Daventry, the Allotments are run by the Town Council and the local Allotment Association, and a 10pole is £15 per year including water and an annual skip for rubbish, and £2 a year to join the Allotment Association - cheap seeds and products from a shop on one of our 4 sites

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2006, 22:42:33 »
The terror of a classical education, I keep reading 1/2 a mo as Amphorae...
you got a good deal there!
 ;D

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2006, 16:05:09 »
ours are priced at 12pence per m2 per year, so a 250m2 plot costs £30. and there's a 50% discount to over 60s.

firstofficerspong

• Not So New ...
  • South Devon
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2007, 23:20:53 »
£33 for 65m2.  Reckon that's the most expensive yet isn't it?? :-[

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2007, 23:39:32 »
Our two lots came to £83 this year for two plots,(minus a wrinklies discount)water included we have self fill water tanks down one side of the  road that runs  the full length of the allotmants , they are about every eighth plot or so,and the councilwill install  a tap for a hose if anyone is unable to carry  water far.

Each plot is about 150 feet long and 22feet wide.

We have a decent facility with toilets etc and a community room with kitchen, fridge,microwave etc plus we have  a shop. We have lock up secure containers too.

Locked gates and 6 foot metal fencing helps somewhat.

Regular deliveries on truck loads of cow poo for £10.

Association with a very small amount of dues.

I think for what we get the money is very little and I think we are extremely fortunate.

I often read about no water, etc even no road access and I know we could not do it in those circumstances

I think it is money well spent.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

forestry.guy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2007, 11:18:38 »
Hi all

I am in the first year of having a plot took it over on a  new site in april and the rent is £14 a year with mains water.

forestry guy
This is my first year with the allotment.

notlaps

• Not So New ...
  • Gwen i wish i was!
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2007, 19:40:45 »
I'm in north notts and i paying £50 which includes your plot 300 squared, shed rental which is a brick built one like a coal shed, and water rates. And every plot is taken, i'm beginning to think this is expensive reading this forum! And we can't build a greenhouse. Which is a real shame!
The grass is never green on the other side, so improve the lawn you have!

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2007, 20:16:21 »
We are self-governing - a Poors' Field site under the Enclosure Act. We pay £10 (plus inflation - currently something approaching £10.40) per 5 pole.

We have no central hut or toilets. But there are two vehicle gates and a small car park; water butts on or near every plot (no hoses allowed); a supply of stable manure from our on-site stables; lockers for rent (not as many as there are plot-holders, unfortunately); a machinery shed with mowers, strimmers & rotovators.

And newcomers get the first six months free. (But no discount for wrinklies, I'm sorry to say - perhaps I'll bring that up at the next committee meeting!)

It's quite difficult to compare, though: some of us are quoting poles, others square yards, or square metres, or full plots, or half plots.... And salaries & house prices are different where I live from other areas.... But it's all cheaper than buying the stuff at Waitrose or the farmers' market.

In financial terms, I don't think any one of us is hard done by. But perhaps we ought to press for things like water, fences & car parks.

Arumlily

• Acre
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2007, 20:40:37 »
I am in east Anglia Chelmsford I only have half a plot not sure how many  rods that is. When I started the rent was only £3, over the years it has risen due to water bill. I am currently renting it for a fiver. Every year as october approaches I get a bit nervous for wondering if they are going to increase the rent again. We have many designated water butts with taps. We have toilet facilities, but I have never once used it all these years I've been there. Apparently women are not encourage to use it, for someone commented that just in case we cause some blockage due to our monthlies. I was gobsmacked when I heard this.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2007, 21:24:22 »
We have just over 280 sq metres, £24.70 for the year (price has gone up again!!!), with free water.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2007, 22:27:52 »
Essex here too, I pay £10 p.a. for 1/2 plot (5rod). Water conveniently beside my plot. Brilliant ;D  Plot neighbour moaning tonight as the other half of his beautifully tended plot has been left to the weeds and not much can be done as the year has been paid for.  ::) He thinks we should pay more to discourage this problem. I think a certain allotment sec should get off his a**e and sort it. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Orfy

• Not So New ...
    • My Blog
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2008, 20:29:14 »
I gave up at the Victoria park plot. £56 for a half plot.
I've moved to Woolston for £10 a year.

I just need to get my £40 deposit back now.

Pita

• Not So New ...
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2008, 22:31:31 »
I have only just got my plot from Greenwich Borough and its £6.50 a rod for residence and £8.50 for non residence, worth every penny

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal