Author Topic: rent  (Read 26331 times)

hawhaw

• Quarter Acre
Re: rent
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2005, 11:12:23 »
Our lottie is in East Northants and it's the whopping fee of £5 a year, we have security gates at the front but no security from the adjoining public footpath at the rear, water is from giant butts onsite.

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2005, 15:48:37 »
£14.40 per year inc water. secure, padlocked site with parking.
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2005, 17:50:01 »
In Tring its £15 for full plot, £7.50 for half. (I have a half) They are putting up the prices next year and changing the way its paid: Those that are over 60 years of age or have a Dacorum Card (local discount card for people on benefits), the charge will be £1.50 per pole and for all others it will be £2 per pole.

When I signed up I had to pay £5 for administration charges as I had taken it on 3 months before the full rent was due. Not sure how they worked that one out? Was a bit annoyed about the extra cost until I read how much some of you are paying! :o

As far as I know the water is included in the price. Not much else included!

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
    • Welcome to the Evetts Allotment
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2005, 11:30:07 »
£0 quid a year but well worth it :) in Bedford

Suru

• Not So New ...
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2005, 14:47:40 »
We're in Leeds and pay £25-45  for a full plot.Its a secure site with parking and water included.We also have free use of petrol mowers,strimmers and ladders.You can hire a rotavator for £1-50.
Works out at around 50p a week and I'm sharing with a friend ,so its 25p each per week-cheap at half the price!
          Sue

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2005, 12:51:07 »
£0 quid a year but well worth it :) in Bedford

opps i should have said £30 year but well worthit

Looby Loo

• Half Acre
    • Louise Jayne photography
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2005, 09:03:35 »
Down here in Eastbourne we pay £26 per year, £3ish for water and a fiver for the key.

Very good security and no vandalism, a brilliant shop which opens fri,sat and sun mornings from February til November. There's a small shed supplied with each plot and water is available every 3 plots or so. My only gripe is that I wish we could hire strimmers and the like. I'd happily pay £2-£3 a morning for the hire of a strimmer, but talking to the established allotmenteers it's never going to happen under the current regime.

All in all I'm chuffed to bits with the allotment, we seemed to have been adopted by our neighbours too. In all honestly if they jacked the rent up fivefold it would still be a bargain. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:06:12 by Looby Loo »

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2005, 06:46:59 »
i agree whole heartedly , the only thing that would make me move is if i decided to get chickens and bees

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2005, 07:03:41 »
West Sussex on a Parish Council run plot.  Free water and good parking but nothing else and have to apply for permission if want a greenhouse or shed (a few have with no problem).

No membership or admin charge,  the rent is £15 for a full plot (about 30' square) and £7.50 a half plot.  I now have 2 plots.
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2005, 18:35:44 »
Paid my 6 quid today for my 2 plots.  Bargain.  Still no security, still no running water, still tend to me up there all alone with just the neighbours greyhound for company!  Still bloody marvelous!  ;D

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2005, 12:32:18 »
Am I lucky, I have not enough ground close to the house to use as a veggie area ( I should say I am not allowed to have more ground ;D) so I rent an allotment at work. Being in the Netherlands, my plot is just behind the dunes, former bulbfields. Cost E25, that is about Eng Pounds 18. That includes free watertaps with hoose every 30 meter, that is no drinking water, but recycled water. Security gards walking and cycling around, fences against hares, Free sea shells for the paths, Free manure, Big shed (everybody has a key) with lots of wheelbarrows, forks, rakes, hoes,spades, rotivator, fridge, paper for cleaning tools , room enough for leaving dirty wellies , etc. Watertap for drinking, toilets and showers with free liquid soap.
Cann't complaine, can I???
Makes it very easy to work in the garden at lunch time, special in wintertime, work, swim, shower and start working again, ideal.

shifty581

• Quarter Acre
  • Old digger
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2005, 13:30:54 »
Hi Nitiram
I am in Rugby Warwickshire. Rent per plot £12 including water. if you are a o.a.p.its only £7 a year. (Thats me) :)
Tony Shoo (shifty)

sid

• Half Acre
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2005, 20:01:09 »
mine is in doncaster it is just shy of 400 m2 i pay 18 pound a year but we have no warter on site yet but i am ok as my allot is at bottom of garden

krisali

• Not So New ...
  • I'm a learner
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2006, 23:33:59 »
Ho Folks, I'm in Walthamstow, East London.  I've just taken on a full plot which cost £50 and £5 for the keys.  I've also been charged a one off payment of £20 to 'hire' the shed!  We have mains water, toilets (allegedly) and 7' fencing.  Vandalism is a real problem with the kids regularly burning down the sheds, it would appear that the said fencing does nothing to deter them.

There is no topsoil on my plot and it's costing me a fortune in material for raised beds.  However, I've raided the local factories and am now the proud owner of 2 fantastic compost bins made of pallets.

Ours is a private association and I'm mad keen to attend the AGM to see the books.  By my calculation they are making at least £10,000 a year and I'm busting to see how the 'profits' are used.

To my mind I don't see why they couldn't give me, at least, a couple of bags of compost to make up for the lack of topsoil.  Mine is a new plot as the council did a compulsory purchase on part of the site and some of the plots were moved.  Mine is one of the 'moved' plots, top soil was delivered but not distributed and it got nicked by the other plot holders, good for them but crap for me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 23:45:14 by krisali »

Orfy

• Not So New ...
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2006, 21:40:11 »
£50 for plot and £40 deposit.

:'( :'( :'(

Squashfan

• Acre
  • Ah, gardening!
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2006, 15:59:05 »
Here in Greenwich we pay £49 for 11 rods. Have taps, no toilet, a padlocked fence (which does not stop the local urchins much, but they and the foxes probably do an equal amount of damage) and helpful allotment neighbours. The supervisor is very good at nagging the council to mow, hire a skip, etc.
There are worse things to spend my money on and there's room for the squashes.  ;D
This year it's squash.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2006, 19:21:38 »
we have only half a plot and because we took it over just 4 weeks ago we get it free until october then we have to pay just £5 per year. We have water laid on and toilets. We  have a communial shed which is going to be repaired by the council.We  have an allotment association shed where we can buy our stuff cheaper than the norm. That cost us £4 per year. We also have a lecture every month in the local community centre and an open show every year. Not too bad at all here in Birmingham
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2006, 10:23:32 »
50m x 10 m = £0/pa  ;D

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2006, 15:46:59 »
Just got my allotment today :)
The cost is 8 pence a metre which works out at £20 for 250m2 Half price for OAP's Water is provided through stand pipes and that costs £8
I paid 5 pound deposit for the key, i  have got the rest of the year free as there is a bit of work that needs doing :)
You can put sheds, greenhouses and poly tunnels on the only rule they cannot be ugly. You park your car on your plot as there isn't any parking and we have good fencing and padlocked gates.
There is a shop and proper toilets.
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

TheGrowingFamily

• Quarter Acre
  • Warrington, Cheshire
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:46 »
Same for me orfy.

Just noticed your not too far from me,  I'm at the Kingsway North site.

TGF  :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 18:39:05 by TheGrowingFamily »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal