Author Topic: Passiflora  (Read 2835 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Passiflora
« on: June 23, 2005, 20:37:46 »
I can't remember who it was who said a little while back that their Passiflora looked like like a dead stick and should s/he bin it or wait a little longer.  Well, the advice was to wait and, as I was in the same boat, I decided to wait too.

My Passiflora was a 3" seedling given to me last year and it's in a deep pot growing up the Forsythia (which I find deadly dull for 11 months of the year).   Anyway, I noticed leaves forming a few weeks back - it's about 15' high now - and today, after 3 days of scorching temperatures here in London, I've spotted over a dozen fat buds.  I can't wait for them to open and take a pic - even if I have to climb a step ladder (hate heights) to do it!   ;D

G xx

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

Re: Passiflora
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 21:36:56 »
Great stuff G!! I'm normally too patient and end up nursemaid to a dead stick for several seasons....! Must learn when to let go!  ;D  ;D Lottie

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 21:54:21 »
snap!  well mine was a little larger than 3" but i bought one in Winter and after a few people asking why i was growing a stick, they are all ve7ry impressed by its growth. not grown quite as much as yours, but its fllling its spot and has lots and lots of buds on, i didnt expect it to get buds in its first year so im very :D

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 09:10:17 »
;D I collected seed from a friends last year & managed to germinate three  ;D They just kind of sat there for months not really doing much, these last 2 weeks they have all romped away, I pinched they growing tips out on one to see what difference it makes. I shall plant them out into large pots next year now I think, but am impressed with the growth.  ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 20:04:07 »
Well after reading your post Georgie, i wanted to rush out and check mine ~ but its raining, so i shall wait  ;D

I bought it last summer and it is so busy, heaping on lots of new growth and every week i have to feed it through the trellis so that it stops in my garden and doesnt move into next door  ;) but i cant wait to see if i am going to get any flowers this summer.
I would be so excited if i did. :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 21:00:58 »
Seems everyone is doing well with this particular plant then.  Isn't that great?   ;D

Let's hope the original poster joins us soon with the news that his/hers is also alive and kicking.  Can anyone remember who it was?

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 21:54:00 »
OK, since when does "being nursemaid to a stick " give the impression of doing well!!!  Nettles are coming along beautifully though.......  ;D ;D Lottie

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 22:07:58 »
Awww, Lottie, you do make me laugh.   ;D

G xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 23:03:38 »
Thanks G!! Stick not giggling though! Think will decorate with baubles and call it a Christams tree?  Lottie  ;D  ;D  ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 14:58:28 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 17:41:58 »
Well, the first bud was partly open this morning so I risked the step ladder and here it is.   ;D

G xx

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 19:32:19 »
Talking of nursing a stick, I planted some onion seed way back - the dog got hold of the pot and decided to knorr on it and I found the soil on the floor of the patio.

I picked up what I could and put it back in the pot .... waited patiently for something to germinate (was hoping it to be an onion!)  ::) when something green appeared ! Wow I thought, this is my first onion !  I watered it, fed it et al, only to discover it was .... a flaming weed !  Did I curse myself that day !  ;) ::) ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 21:17:38 »
LOL!  I think we've all done that from time to time.

G xx

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 18:37:42 »
It's open now!   ;D

G xx

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 08:44:28 »
 ;D Very nice Georgie, worth climbing the ladder. Mine are only in their first year, so assume next year will be our year.  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal