Author Topic: Pansies for ever!!  (Read 1523 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Pansies for ever!!
« on: June 26, 2005, 13:46:56 »
A few photos of the pansies in my garden.  With regular dead-heading they seem to go on forever

Happy gardening all...........Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Pansies for ever!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 13:58:49 »
Hi Pat I love pansies but  last year most died in side border. A GARDENER told me it was ants eating the roots. I thought it may have been because I had grown them on same border for three years. When do we plant winter flowering pansies? They are so pretty .. Those little faces!! Regards Lorna.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 17:01:35 »
I usually plant my pansies in containers Lorna.  I find the ones that I plant straight into the ground have problems and do not seem to keep their large flowers.  They are lovely though, there are so many colours and combinations.

Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 18:13:50 »
Good idea Gardengirl. As each year passes and I am getting older (aren't we all :)) I am finding the digging areas a little harder to cope with I may even consider gravelling that side border  and putting containers out there. The kids are all good to me but I so enjoy doing things in the garden. I have a large area of grass at the side of the bungalow and Lorna (JNR) always mows that for me.. Big help. Regards Lorna.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 19:48:59 »
Pat your pansies are lovely.  I usually have them for during the winter.  Yours are beautiful.   Not spoken in ages, hope youare well?

:D :D :D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 21:32:35 »
Thanks Carol.  I am well thank you.  Have you been in the Chat Room recently?   Last time I tried I could not get in so gave up.

Pat

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 23:19:10 »
Luverly!  I adore pansies and the tricky colours.  You wouldn't think such colours would work so well together, but they always do!  I always think of pandas faces when I look at pansies....don't worry, I know I am slightly MAD!  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 15:53:43 »
they look lovely pat and what wonderfull colours

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal