Author Topic: Sunspots  (Read 2509 times)

Rox

• Half Acre
Sunspots
« on: June 23, 2005, 16:39:59 »
Is anyone sowing a sunflower variety called "sunspots"? - got it from T & M - supposed to be variagated, but apart from 2 of 'em - the leaves don't look it at all. Does anyone know if they are single stemmed or multiheaded? thanks for the clarification!  :D

Marianne

• Hectare
Re: Sunspots
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 19:49:40 »
Sorry I cannot help you Rox.  The single stemmed "variety"  ::) I am growing has been pinched from the bird seed !  ;D And they are coming up like beauties !

The other variety I got free from Sainsbury - Can't remember their names but sounds like Lemon something  ??? are very slow to come up - No sign of a flower bud yet.  Hopefully someone can help you with yours !  :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 11:11:08 »
Hi Rox, after much searching, I've finally found your Sunflower. It's a beauty, WOW!  :o

Looks like it's a single stemmed variety. Height to 6ft. I have variegated Nasturtiums, the variegation didn't really start to show until the plants started to reach their mature size so if your Sunflowers are still quite small they might still colour up yet. Can only find them on the T & M US sight  ??? even that was a struggle to find, finally got it after googling 'Sunspots' Variegated Sunflower.

Rox

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 14:23:38 »
thanks Twospot! yes - you are indeed correct - some of them are large enough at this point to see that they are single stemmed. thanks for the pointer re. variagated nasturiums - the same thing indeed is happening with the sunflowers i.e., varigation still undefined at this moment. I thought the seeds might have been gimmicky, but now that you've told me, I'lll sit tight and wait for the leaves to start turning colours!

thanks for you help!  :D

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 20:45:11 »
Hi Rox, please keep me posted. I'd really love to know if your Sunflowers do get more variegation on the leaves and if poss a picture would be really nice  ;D

Rox

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:09:41 »
ok Twospot - will let you know   ;) - as for a picture, unless someone gives me a digital camera for my birthday in August, won't be able to post a picture anytime soon!  :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal