Author Topic: Wet, wet, wet....  (Read 12350 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Wet, wet, wet....
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 18:27:41 »
Send them up DP, altho my two have spent all afternoon in the paddling pool, with the sprinkler on, so the garden has had such a good watering!  It will probably rain tomorrow now!!

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 23:23:38 »
Not a drop in kent.  Haven't been to the lotty since Sat am and wimped out coz it was too humid.  Wont get there till this Sat and scared of what I might find frazzled.
Get with the beat Baggy

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 08:41:42 »
It's been hot and humid here in Birmingham as well, but the allotment's OK in the evening, which is the only time I manage to get there at the moment. I'm just marking, marking, marking for the next couple of weeks. Talk about soul destroying! I had a paper yesterday which claimed that 'Jews often marry their families, so they wear dark glasses to hide the inbreeding weakness'!!! Meanwhile the weeds are taking full advantage and going mad. The first year I did the marking, they were waist high and it took me the entire summer holidays to get them sorted out. This year it's not that bad, but it's bad enough.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 12:47:06 »
Thunderstorms came into Dorset last night (around 8 ish), though didnt get any rain in Dorchester until 6am this morning - and its hardly stopped since. Just had a tremendous cloudburst about half an hour ago too.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 12:53:11 »
Rain's made it as far as where I work near Watford. Huzzah! The wonderful sound of water I don't have to carry about in buckets!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 12:57:57 »
It is sooooooooooooooo hot and humid here in Essex so far today, am reaching the point of 'can't be doing anything else now!'

However, the skies on the horizon to the North and darkening and things are looking cloudy.  I am hoping for plenty of rain, just not toooo hard please!

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 13:07:19 »
We've got the storm here - thunder lightening and LOADS of wet stuff! Can practically hear the plants slurping.......

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 13:12:31 »
COME ON RAIN!  The sky is darkening by the minute!  I don't wanna have to go out and water all the new pots of seeds number one son planted yesterday!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 13:31:54 »
RAIN!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Piglottie

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 13:42:47 »
Had rain on and off for a couple of hours now, in East Yorkshire.  Not too heavy but most welcome - maybe we can start digging and planting down on our new lottie tonight!

PS:  BBC lunchtime news weather forecast had changed a lot since this morning's forecast - more rain spreading over more of the country so hopefully it will make its way down south!

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 14:03:08 »
Nothing in East Sussex yet.................................... :'( :'( :'(
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 15:01:35 »
Nothing here yet, but the skies are going grey quickly. Please PLEASE hold off until I can get home, nip down the plot and attach at lease one length of guttering 'twixt my shed roof and new water butt.... It would be such a shame not to be able to collect some of that lovely water...

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 15:41:51 »
grey skies but no pudding here in central london.
at least i wont get wet on the way home....
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 16:27:36 »
Tons of the stuff in Brum :P

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 17:30:16 »
Send it our way pleeeeaaaaase!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 18:25:06 »
Well, I ask you , was it worth all the rumblings and grumblings!  It rained on and off for about 30 minutes, but within 2 minutes of it stopping, the ground was dry!  hothothot again, altho the skies are still thick and dark.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 18:41:03 »
i spoke too soon. now thunder and lightening, and rain, in london. just in time for my cycling home :(
i dont mind the ground getting wet but i think i have stopped growing and dont need to be rained on!
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005, 20:15:10 »
We had torrential rain at 3pm today for 15 mins or so which dried up immediately.  We then had some decent stuff for about an hour and poor Merly puss came in soaked and not looking his posh self at all.  That'll teach him to go frogging  ;D
Get with the beat Baggy

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2005, 22:13:00 »
 ::) I'll bet my plot is over run with slugs 'n' snails after that down pour >:( and I've not been able to get up there to smash em. >:(

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2005, 00:36:13 »
I got up to distant rumbles this morning, then the floodgates of heaven were opened while great Jove hurled some thunderbolts. The plot was nice and damptonight, and the water never got as far as flood level. Just as well too, it's devastating when it happens.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal