Author Topic: Account Suspended ...  (Read 10081 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Account Suspended ...
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 15:00:43 »
Well, I think we should pay something, I know I spend a Lot of time here (Too much, it has been said.....), I've had some sterling advice and met some lovely people.  Surely it's no different to a club Membership? Free to browse, but pay to belong and receive benefits. Lottie

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 15:56:20 »
I would rather pay than lose this site.

How about an annual membership? Full members would be able to do everything on the site (including not stare at ads!) Newbies (and existing members) who haven't paid would be able to post for a limited period, in order to encourage them to join and then after that time view only?

I assume Dan's not doing this for profit, so all extra money could be paid to charity?
gone to pot :D

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 18:46:17 »
Robert :D

Dont have to publish a list....but a modest Contribution

Divided into the Number of Members Using the Site....Should'nt be too Heavy for Anyone!! If it is them
that can be resolved

Disagree, that would put people in an embarrassing situation that could ill afford to contribute or plain simply didn't want to, plus the figure of 2318 members is fictitious as a large majority of these folk may have registered just to make one or two comments, died, left the country etc; There are probs only a handful of hardcore active members, I would guess around 200? If that and maybe 20% willing to part with a fiver and that would bring in £200 and I would expect that to more than cover a years subs if not change the Host, I believe Eziboard is one of the greediest Hosts and that was well under £200 the last time the hat went round. ;D

Another option (and I gathered this off our Chancellor GB ;D) is to ask members to pay a ¼ of a penny per post per year ;D

Where's the door? ;D

Roy... Membership...or a Small Contribution!! Were is the Problem!!

Can we go to the Supermarket...Garage....Garden Centre...etc...etc and get everything for free....just because we cant afford to pay..... ???

200 Hard Core members at 5:00 Pounds 5x200 =1,000 pounds
surely more than enough ???
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 20:04:30 »
I would be pleased to pay a fixed sum for the pleasure of continuing in A4A.  I have met so manynice folks in here and had so much fun over the past 18 months I feel I ought to contribute something.  But, please make the payment simple  i.e. a cheque or postal order for a fixed sum or even a standing order form.  I have tried already to contribute via PayPal and just went round in circles. 

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 21:55:10 »
Mike sorry to sound like I’m knit picking, but you are altering what you are saying in your quotes and your sums don’t add up either, or is it me? 20% of 200 = 40 x 5 = 200?

And let us not forget that the Internet World Wide Web is free to all and sundry and we can travel all around the World talking in message boards totally free if we wish and at speed with little or no trouble and a loaf of bread is a necessity that most folk are only too willing to pay for.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 22:58:03 »
I would be willing to pay but i do not want to be on a donated X amount list that would not be fair, just either pay a sum or not some peeps maybe struggling to make ends meet anyway, they do not need a donation list in their face making them feel awkward.  I am sure the BOSS will sort it out.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 23:21:39 »
>:( Who started this doom and gloom >:( (hope it wasn't me ;D) this isn't about the site going to the wall, ::) it's about the success of a site that has blossomed so much that it is playing hell with the servers because it has been fertilised so much it is bursting at the seems. 8)

We should be celebrating not passing the hat round. (Shouldn't we?)
 ::)

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 09:00:15 »
I agree there  Roy my friend......it will sort its self out...with the help of Dan

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2005, 10:07:11 »
Oh arent we being a bunch of doomsayers then?  Pay up now or loose the site!

I'll agree in theory that those of us who contribute a lot  and get a lot out of it should help towards the cost of running the site . However not all of us can afford £10 or even £5 a month. To say to those 'Sorry if you cant pay the required amount you cant post' would be a little harsh. I myself am able to contribute a pound or two a month but not much more.

Someone suggested a 'per post' contribution. This again is good in theory (those who use the site most pay the most),but it might put people off posting too often for fear of totting up a large bill! Bit like dialup internet - a bit restrictive. Plus theres administering it. Voluntary contributions are far easier to manage than having to work out what people owe and then sending out reminders (by email). Then there's collecting the money ::).

No i think the solution that dan himself is considering, a membership which gives additional benefits and no adverts, is the best solution, leaving those who cant or wont pay with a more limited/basic service.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 10:08:59 by Garden Cadet »

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 10:52:46 »
::) My goodness me ::) Does anyone bother to read these posts? ???

I wouldn't want my name to be on a sticky list of donors, Solution be anonymous.

That really grates; 'Look at me, see what I gave'. It would be better if it was all anonymous.Solution be anonymous.

Don’t have to publish a list....Why? Isn’t this encouraging?

This years Target…………………………………………..….....£200.00
Donation received 18/06/05                            .    £  5.00  Balance £195 by anonymous
Donation received 19/06/05                                £10.00      “        £185 by anonymous
Donation received 19/06/05                                £ 1.00      “        £184 by anonymous
Donation received 19/06/05                              £184.00      “        £nil   by Kelcoo

There must be some way we can all chip in we cannot loose this site,

I don’t recall Dan saying this popular site is heading for the wall?

However not all of us can afford £10 or even £5 a month….We are talking yearly subs.

Someone suggested a 'per post' contribution…. Sorry I was being a little flippant. :P

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2005, 11:00:22 »
::) My goodness me ::) Does anyone bother to read these posts? ???

I wouldn't want my name to be on a sticky list of donors, Solution be anonymous.

That really grates; 'Look at me, see what I gave'. It would be better if it was all anonymous.Solution be anonymous.

Don’t have to publish a list....Why? Isn’t this encouraging?

This years Target…………………………………………..….....£200.00
Donation received 18/06/05                            .    £  5.00  Balance £195 by anonymous
Donation received 19/06/05                                £10.00      “        £185 by anonymous
Donation received 19/06/05                                £ 1.00      “        £184 by anonymous
Donation received 19/06/05                              £184.00      “        £nil   by Kelcoo

There must be some way we can all chip in we cannot loose this site,

I don’t recall Dan saying this popular site is heading for the wall?

However not all of us can afford £10 or even £5 a month….We are talking yearly subs.

Someone suggested a 'per post' contribution…. Sorry I was being a little flippant. :P

ER yes some of us DO read the posts Roy. My post inparticular was my response to them. No need ot get 'funny' with us!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2005, 13:54:17 »
Shall we all put this to bed now and leave Dan to sort it otherwise i can see bad feeling rearing its ugly head.

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2005, 14:01:25 »
 ::) absolutely agree rosebud  ??? :-X :-X I think it's called jumping the gun !!!!!  ;)
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2005, 17:14:06 »
what happens happens
there is no need to get upset and angry
dan will tell us if he needs our help and i am in no dought that we will all come up with a idea to save the lotti site
lets just wait and sea
matt
p.s what a lovely day

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2005, 18:23:36 »
Goodnight.......Account Suspended. 8) ;D

Well said...You Ladies

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2005, 22:25:58 »
 ;D ;D ;D Well said I don't know what all the fuss is about ;D ;D ;D

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2005, 23:53:08 »
hey i am not a womon well i was not when i last looked
me and my wife use this
matt a man xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2005, 00:05:50 »
 ;D And your Wife wipes her feet on it? ;D

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2005, 16:56:36 »
Everybody calm down, Roys idea is great up to a point.
The problem being that as far as work and anonimity is concerned, its not practical.
How about Dan makes a total figure for all of his expenses, sticks it in the corner of the site and have it deduct every donation made- that needs a bit of programming but is a simple and easy way of doing things both for him (as its a simple formula) and for us (as we can identify how badly donations are required at a glance, rather than simply guessing whether Dan has enough).
I LOVE OP AMPS!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2005, 21:12:44 »
??? Uh! Isn’t that what I said in the Target list ??? The target being the sum (fictitious) that Dan may require to keep the board running smoothly, not to keep it afloat as the scare mongerers are trying to indicate` because it is simply not sinking. Now I've either missed something or now I'm not reading what you are posting.

Let us not forget a donation is a voluntary gift and it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth when people try to prise money out of me just like cripples in wheel chairs that try to block doorways in shops whilst shaking a money box in my face, there I've said it now, my button has been pressed.

P.S. return of the mac, no reflection on your post BTW ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal