Author Topic: More Vandalism  (Read 19588 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: More Vandalism
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2005, 11:53:10 »
What you all need is a shed door that when it opens, the sound of a low menacing growl is emitted, bet they would run then! (hmm  a good idea, my fortune awaits! ;D!)

I have not even bothered to put up a shed, 2 got burnt down last year, and various people have had stuff pinched over the years. My poor car is my shed, has a certain odour of chicken pooh when you get in, and the kids hate it when I need to give them a lift anywhere! ;D

It is the devastation of the veges themselves that is so heartbreaking, so much planning etc. goes into it, it is soul destroying when someone vandalises your plot.  DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2005, 10:37:09 »
I had a vandal wander across my plot the other day. Must have been late at night as I didn't leave till way gone 10pm and left everything very well soaked.
Next night I find a trail of baked-hard footprints through my onions and a snapped bed border. Small feet. 

We think they'd just taken a wander across the lotties - didn't care where they walked - and fell into the bed while trying to avoid the wheelbarrow which was blocking the path. 

Next day one of the others lost her rhubarb - the one she couldn't cut this year as it was new. But it did get cut, and the thief even carefully cut off the leaves and left them behind!!  She was *so* p'd off...

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2005, 12:58:28 »
Got to our plot yesterday to do some picking. We've had a bit of a spate of vandalism recently, mostly sheds being broken into & we had escaped so far. Found a few canes had been pulled out & the plastic bottles sunk next to plants for watering. The main problem was lots of onions had been pulled up & chucked all over the place. Not as bad as some of the stories I've read but was a bit hacked  off all the same! What I don't like is the feeling of not knowing what you're going to find when you get down there.

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2005, 08:03:05 »
If you can ever find out who was responsible for these acts of vandalism, revenge feels great. Don't worry about lowering yourself to their level - just think about it as 'talking their language'.
I had several acts of vandalism done to my car (which was parked outside the house) and was fortunate enough to discover that it was all done by the same person - a 'friend' of one of my daughters!
Revenge was mine in the form of a tube of super glue squirted into the locks of his car late one night. The fuss he made about the inconvenience and cost! I really don't know what he was complaining about. Still, it stopped him from continuing with his activities.

Granny is still your best friend !

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2005, 09:16:02 »
My Daughter bought a bargain from Wilko last week, door/window alarms, I think there were six in a pack £9.99 reduced to £2.50 :o needless to say all sold out by the time I got there.

Would have been worth 40p a go to scare the pants off of the little blighter's ;D Sound bombs are very ear piercing devices (Have one in my garage) I may buy one and attach to a car battery :o

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2005, 17:11:58 »

We have had the horse slashers too up here had 3 done in 1 night..... the
   people who do this are sick....I spent 21 nights thereafter waiting them
  making a return..........12 bore both barrels not at them but syrup of figs
  would not have been required in there household....but heres 1 that happened
  to a friend in the borders................................

went to field in morning to find padlock undone......swore blind he locked it
  locked it that night with his OH in tow went next morning to find gate had
  been lifted from its hinges........someone bein silly he thought but padlocked
  both hinges and other end of gate with what I can only describe as the thickest
  chain I have ever seen...... end of story or so he thought....... a week later
  he got a phone call from the police to say was it his horses that were running
  about the local golf course  15 of them had went full gallop over 2 greens and
  1 hell of a lot of fairway you can imagine the damage  upshot was he got a bill
  from the golf course for £9,500 which he was going to try and contest in court
  but he does not have a leg to stand on :'( which is sad...... but to go back
  someone had actually taken oxy torch to the chains..its that bad that at 55
  he is seriously thinking of quitting.   I just wonder what is happening to our
  world these days...!!!!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2005, 23:05:45 »
That's not vandalism, that's pre-planned, that's either someone wanting a bigger golf course, or looking to top up the petty cash box.

Very sorry to hear about your horses, how brave they were to slash up some defenseless dumb animals, I bet they went home feeling they had achieved their ultimate goal, Sickos.
I think back over the years when I was a teenager, back in the Teddy Boy days, some of the worst things I can ever remember doing was scrumping apples and nicking chicken eggs from a local farm and dropping stink bombs through letterbox’s.

We would never dream of harming anyone, other than our mates, cause we were hard we were Teds (Edwardian Gentlemen) Quite snazzy too! ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2005, 00:27:18 »
Someone on my site was vandalised the other week; i finally ran into him tonight. They smashed his gate in, cut down a 20-foot silver birch (so they either raided someone else's shed or came equipped), climbed onto his shed roof, and at least one of them fell through the roof. They then smashed a hole in the wall, and escaped. Hopefully, someone was damaged. I came out of my plot last night to find someone had driven into the car park with a prostitute. It's not the first time; I just lock them in.

I'm surprised the autocensor hasn't picked that one up!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 10:23:28 by Robert_Brenchley »

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2005, 08:49:13 »
It is a sad world when so many have so little regard for other peoples possessions, be it your lottie shed and veg or the horses you keep in the field.
My dad used to say if something isn't done about these thugs, people will take control and serve punishment themselves, as they get little or no support from the police and the law.  It would seem that things are going from bad to worse, so I now believe he was right, and we are getting closer to the time when honest, law abiding citizens will become vigilantes.  Trouble is I believe the police would work far harder to find them, than they had to find the thugs in the first place.
We've had a spate of sensless shootings of sheep and lambs here in Oxfordshire.  Like you said Roy, sick and I would personally dish out much tougher sentences, regardless of age, if any of these people were caught.  I thing anyone who is successful in shooting the thugs in the knee-cap should get a pat on the back.  I would call that justice.

MM

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2005, 11:02:54 »
I was phone up 2 weeks later by police stating that they had to go to a pub fight and did I still require them!!!!!

Last year after all this stuff,we get offered victim support >:(
I suggested they offer it to the vandals as they will need it...soon.

SOOO many stories,SOOO many similar results and it makes you SOOOO angry and wanting to kill.

And most of us just want to grow some veggies to eat and chill out over the plot but end up planning mines and bombs and electricution devices. The bung them in a cage is a good idea,on saturday in shopping precinct.

The police should be able to MAKE the parents keep them indoors from end of school and ALL weekend without exception till they stop being stupid dumb pratts.

Failing that, a good smack in the gob often works...

just getting down onto lower horse now :-X

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2005, 16:48:30 »

Well you can cure n heal the scars but its the mind of the horse.. takes a hell
   of a lot longer to heal. Thing is get them in court for things like this and they
   get what at most a slap on the wrist i.e probation or something :(  .

Roy.......whats a "teddyboy" must be way before my time ?? ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2005, 21:19:13 »
  Roy.......whats a "teddyboy" must be way before my time ?? ;D

::) Only 20 years :o ;D We were known then as "Peace born babies" as National Service ceased, (worst thing they ever did) teenagers were all chilled out got money in their pockets, bought snazzy clothes that bore the image of thugs, we spat a lot (because it looked cool) had fags hanging out of our mouths as we couldn’t speak too well then, pulled our velvet rolled collars up to hide our identity (bit like today “Hooding”) carried flick knives (Well some did) I carried a comb (have no use for it now tho).

Then it got progressively worse using drugs and guns, by eke we didn’t know we was born, till now. :o ;D

Looking back things haven't change much? or have they?

http://www.teddyboy.co.uk/

Don't forget to turn the sound up ;) ;D

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2005, 21:52:28 »
that made me smile Roy.  I can remember my brother buying rock around the clock and us jiving to it. them were the days.  you were pussycats compared with what some youths are today.

MM

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2005, 22:03:27 »
 ;D Sorry MM can't work out what a thingy cat is ;D tee hee please tell :o ;D ;D

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2005, 22:33:21 »
Wasn`t one but remember it all.......

Sure you didn`t have a "flick" comb Roy??? ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2005, 00:41:43 »
Andy you are a brave man showing your age on your profile  ;D

Flick Combs, No

Comb and paper, Yes to the tune of "Rock around the Clock" ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2005, 09:42:55 »
Pussycats. I don't get this censor; it bowdlerises that, and yet allows 'prostitute'. Maybe I should have used another word for them just to upset it.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2005, 14:18:43 »
Pussycats. I don't get this censor; it bowdlerises that, and yet allows 'prostitute'. Maybe I should have used another word for them just to upset it.

Ah! 'Pussy' is the word you can't use with cats got it now, thanks ::) ;)

Robert I bet you hear far worse on the playground than you do on here :o ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2005, 15:20:09 »
Roy

You must also remember the fluoroescent socks, usually lime green or pink, beatlecrushers of course plus the obligatory boot lace tie

My pride and joy (still have it somewhere) was a bottle green waistcoat with embroidered white flowers.....at one point I also owned a powder blue suit...Gosh I felt good...probably looked as daft as a brush  ;)

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2005, 23:20:53 »
;D I remember the socks, but didn't go there, I was a very conservative Ted with a black suit rolled velvet collar, drain pipe trousers, beetle crushers, (shoes) a very narrow black tie, with a fake silk shirt with frilly bits down the front (sound like a right tart) But it was fun and I don't remember giving anyone any real grief. 8)

Soz for slipping off topic ::) ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal