Author Topic: More Vandalism  (Read 19330 times)

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
Re: More Vandalism
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2005, 10:26:14 »
I agree, criminality is made to be cool by the media. Every kid wants to be a gangsta.
They should be made to look the pillocks they are and put in a cage on saturdays naked, where people can say how they feel about them.

If i had that stuff going on in my town, me and a few lads would DEFINATELY don the balaclavas ...

Police are a total waste of time, just goes on record you have a grievance so you cant do anything about it in future.
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

portway farm

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2005, 10:46:34 »
I agree with all of the comments even the ones about children not being born bad. We all come into this world a blank canvas ..... I would like to point out that I do not live in a dodgy place. These things happened all the same year and touch wood have not had anything since that was almost 3 yrs ago. Personally I think they were all done by the same gang who were related to a livery that I kicked off for non payment, they threatened to put me six ft under. After that I interviewed every livery that we took on.

We still get what I call typical dareing going on ... touching the mains electric fence. Have not got an issue with that that is kids being kids!

But we have a thread creep and its my fault. So sorry to hear about the vandalism on the allotment. Security paint does work so I have been told, but you cannot use barb wire incase they hurt themselves. We can due to livestock, but if no livestock to keep in then not meant to put it up......yeh right.

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2005, 10:55:04 »
:( I have noticed that the vandals come in waves  :(  we seem to go a few years with nothing then we will have a few bad years again  >:(  It is getting worse though each time I'm sure seems more malicious these days  :( :( :(
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2005, 11:40:18 »
I agree, criminality is made to be cool by the media. Every kid wants to be a gangsta.
They should be made to look the pillocks they are and put in a cage on saturdays naked, where people can say how they feel about them.

I guess this is why our ancestors had village stocks... ;D ;D

We've had some nasty vandalism on site too, up to the point where the oiks broke nearly every shed window on the site including one which was a stained glass rose belonging to a newbie :(. Heartbreaking. Luckily he wasn't put off...

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2005, 08:31:34 »
we have problems all the time with vandals......in fact.....the first three weeks of us getting the plot saw us `raided` three times!
im one of the `younger` plotholders.......but this is not on.......an old guy who lives for his gardening had his shed and beehives set alight!
my fervent hope is that one day ill be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time..........the little cherubs would then have a choice...........face me........or swim across the river that forms one of the boundarys to our plot!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2005, 09:08:56 »
I'm sure you can use barbed wire, but you probably have to put up a warning notice. Lots of businesses round here use razor wire and they wouldn't if they were likely to get sued as it would make them uninsurable. I hope the guy's bees were OK.

portway farm

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2005, 10:14:39 »
just saying what the police said. Also told that if you say you keep a guard dog then you open your self to sueing as you are admitting the dog is dangerous, however you are allowed to keep a dog tied up, if he breaks free and bites then not your fault as clearly chain to blame. So then the police said if I was you I would have a dog roaming at night with a coller and broken chain attatched cos then if he bites you can say ... just broke free. You have to put signs up same as my electric fencing and they have to be every so many ft, also have to inform insurance company, and it is to be used as last result (razor wire), also you can be sued if some one hurts themselves on it as the person should not have been able to get to the razor wire in the first place - this happened to British Rail and the person won!! Razor wire is a visual deterrent only!!!!

Alan_Y

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2005, 17:10:10 »
After spending 6 1/2 hours and spending £50 on waterproof repair tape the other week the Little B******s came back and hit us again this weekend slaahing the poly tunnel again.

I and a few others are staying the night this saturday . Please come back , Please ,I want to introduce you to a friend of mine called Big Stick.

Do unto others as the good book said.

Regards

Alan
As One Door Closes, Anther One Slams In Your Face.

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2005, 17:20:23 »
 ;) I know they are little b******s but please be careful not to leave yourself open for prosecution by them  ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( as we know if they can they will.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2005, 18:31:50 »
One of the old boys on our plot caught a 'yoof' taking stealing from his shed.  He oiked him out and chucked him in the brambles.  Later on he was visited by police who were investigating him assaulting the little $h*t.  The week after his shed was burnt down.  Where is the justice?  We have had our shed broken into so many times now and anything of any worth has been nicked.  We have a shelf that is head level which we used to keep a biscuit tin with 'stuf' in it (plant labels etc).  It was nicked.  We have replaced it and filled it with loaded mouse traps .......... watch this space ......
Get with the beat Baggy

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2005, 18:45:36 »
 ;) I think that somehow we have to make it boring to go to the lotties  ;) giving them little shocks might be a way  ;) Hiding valuables first of course, but they won't like it if they get a bit of a shock & then nothing to have They seem to move around during the year targeting one place after another. At a local club they got so fed up with stuff being stolen, they made a secret underground hide for the tools etc then left the sheds unlocked for a while with more or less nothing in. The kids soon cleared off & there is peace at the moment. Have to see how long it lasts.  ;D ???

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2005, 21:47:03 »
:( I think you may have a point Marley as my plot was worsted hit and other plot holders said it may have been the attraction of the scarecrow, banana plants, roped off beds and lots of fleece that attracted them, because all these were trashed. ::) >:(

Alan_Y

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2005, 22:53:05 »
In my last job as a head gardener , people kept on breaking in to my shed pinching my weedkiller and plant food. It stoped when I started putting the plant food in the weedkiller tubs and visa versa. I still think of all thoes lawns that have been sprayed with sodiun clorite never to return for 12 months pluss. Happy days.

If they start pinching my veg I'll inject it with senocote.

he who laughs last laughs longest.

Regards

Alan

Oh no . no spell check. Dooo!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2005, 23:06:16 »
 ;D Wow I wish I could apply that kind of mischievous naughtyness to "Yobbo's" but then I would be accused of lowering myself to their level. ::)

I must be allowed one shot? please just one shot? A bucket of slurry over the shed door? ;D

Alan_Y

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2005, 23:14:55 »
Roy
Go for it.
Also put a garden rake on the floor of your shed for that comedy moment.

Good luck

What goes around comes around.

cheers

Alan

annieb

• Not So New ...
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2005, 00:13:01 »
I must chime in and add my heartfelt sympathy to all who are encountering the nasty side of vandals... It's absolutely disgusting, honestly!

I'm not that old (38 tomorrow in fact)... but I distinctly remember when I was 11 years old, after being asked by my grandparents' neighbour not to climb his apple trees to take fruit (we were welcome to take all the windfall we wanted)... I am ashamed to admit my sister goaded me into one last apple raid and I got a load of rocksalt in my backside... then got the humiliation of being spanked by my grand-dad on top of the ruination of my rocksalt peppered bum.

I'm really not suggesting corporal punishment.. and I wouldn't be happy if it were my kids it happened to, but I can tell you with absolute crystal certainty I was never ever tempted to climb up apple trees or take anything that didn't belong to me from that day til this.

There's clearly not a good solution I'm afraid, but I wish rocksalt up the backside were possible... >< Certainly worked for me :P

Annie in Norway

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2005, 08:02:48 »
 :) Love the honesty annieb  ;D ;D  & go for it Roy with the comedy moment too  ;D ;D  Loved the swapped contents too, maybe not do that one but it is this sort of thing I mean  ;D ;D  also devising them after you have had a visit takes a little of your anger away too  ::) ??? ;D ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2005, 08:15:43 »
Yep, we had visitors again last weekend...hanging baskets went missing plus a fair bit of produce this time.

It seems to be a general thing that affects the Allotment society throughout the Country. Sad when people put in a lot of effort plus the retired folk on small incomes have their pleasures destroyed by these social misfits.

Perhaps we should bombard our Home Secretary with e-mails telling him to get his act together?

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2005, 09:37:22 »
Love reading your ideas for revenge  :) - at least with things like the rake, slurry, swapping containers etc you can't get into trouble. Just a shame you can't rig up a camera so we can all have a laugh...

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2005, 09:56:49 »
Roy I was on holiday when you posted "More Vandalism" so sorry to hear what these morons have been doing..We were returning to Portsmouth on the ferry last Sat. The ferry gets quite close to the beach when entering Portsmouth and believe it or not there were people on the beach throwing rocks at the ferry!!! A lot of the rocks actually hit the side of the ferry, when I looked there were at least two people in the group aged between thirty and forty.. The Harbour patrol had just gone past how I wished that they would turn round and catch them.. Hope you can repair some of the damage the idiots have done. Regards Lorna.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal