Author Topic: More Vandalism  (Read 19311 times)

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
Re: More Vandalism
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 09:58:02 »
 ;D Know what you mean Richard  ;D ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 11:46:55 »
roy some kids just make u sick so mindless what joy can they get from doing something like that , i really do feel for u or your hard work ,hope u have the heart to put thing back right, Lets hope the kids stay away .

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 12:01:44 »
I'm very sorry to hear about your site Roy,  but can someone tell me what is special about Black Security Paint.

I've not used it (Yet!) apparently it is indelible stains clothes/skin especially children’s designer clothes ;D, the paint never dries and hopefully smells like a rats arse.

Can you tell I'm feeling better already ;D

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005, 12:30:59 »
You Go...............Roy ;D

If it helps 8)......No problem ;)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 12:35:43 »
Roy I am so sorry to hear about the vandals and to see your pics of the devastation they left.  You have worked so hard, it is so maddening and heartbreaking to see such mindless destruction.  What sort of people do this,  - mindless creeps!   >:( >:(  that is putting it mildly.  I makes me so angry to see this.  I dread seeing a post like this as it gets me so worked up and makes me think that the summer holidays are coming up and that is usually when our site is under threat.  What can I say, but I am so very sorry and to say try not to lose heart.   :( busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 17:43:54 »
Dear Roy,  how sorry :(  i am at the site of your lovely allotment, rotten BAS***DS they want a good thrashing. Try not to be to down i know that sounds easy talk but believe me its not i really do feel for you and would not like to see you feeling down because of scum like them.  All the best to you. Regards Rosebud. :)

Alan_Y

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 17:53:01 »
I am in charge of a community growing project in Chester and some little ******* trashed the place on satarday night.

They Shreded the communial 15 X 10 polly tunnel
Trashed the communial 12 X 8 shed / Tea room
Kicked the raised beds to peices.

Disheartening to say the least espesially as we all enjoyed our first harvest earlier in the day.
The project is enjoyed by 11 adults and 6 children the youngest being 1 3/4 .

I just hope they have the currage and guts to bounce back.

I am sure they will.

Bring Back corparal  punishment.
or drown at birth.
As One Door Closes, Anther One Slams In Your Face.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 22:16:24 »
:( I'm sorry to hear that Alan and know how you must be feeling, words fail me. Why can't they just play games? Footy in the park or grassland, shuttlecock, tennis, rounders, hopscotch? Loads of games and things of interest they could occupy themselves with. ::)

I bought 10 ltrs of this paint today, £80.00  :o with warning signs so that they don't get their grubby little hands dirty, three of our Lottie folk have volunteered their time to apply it with me, the council have agreed to pay the bill. :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005, 23:37:58 »
As long as the fencing goes all the way round the site and you do the lot you should hopefully be OK. Trouble with my site is that we have one side where the Botanical Gardens have only put up cleft chestnut to reinforce the gaps in a hedge.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2005, 07:43:52 »
Yes we will be doing the lot above head height and including the anti vandal bolts that they have been able to undo with their grubby little fingers :o (Cowboy Fencers ::))

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 07:55:48 »
I have a friend, her son is a right little sod - disappears at night (2am ish !!)and get up to all sorts of things that get him involved with the police.  The mom (who is on her own) has tried everything (apart from plugging him into the mains) - the police have been great - but nothing seems to work.

There are a couple of things that he loves - his skateboard and his computer (for games).  I reckon that if he was caught vandalising something the punishment could be to utterly destroy one or other of these items whilst he witnesses it.  Beating him probably wouldn't work (might make the victim of the vandals a little happier);  fining him would have no effect - they have no money now!;  sticking him in prison would get him out of the way for a while but he would probably come back better equipped to perform more outrageous crimes.  But, if they visitied a retribution of destruction on his property he might think twice - there again he might just get worse.

I don't know what the answer is (there probably isn't a single answer) but it makes me sad that these kids (of whatever age) find it necessary to destroy things - it is so much more saddening when I see the fantastically artistic things that some kids create and how pleasant they can be (even when their parents arn't about).
Always look on the bright side of life

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2005, 08:43:08 »
 :) I don't know what it is with allot of kids today, but it is so sad that they cannot have any respect for anything other than their own possesssions. >:( Other peoples feelings don't enter into their thoughts it seems either. >:( so sad & so selfish  :o

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2005, 11:50:06 »
So sad to hear of these nasty incidents.

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 12:04:25 »
After watching all these programmes about Nannies etc.  I get the impression that it is the parents that are at fault - no doubt others will correct me on this.  So perhaps the parents should be the ones sent to boot camp, and taught how to be responsible parents.  No child is born bad, they grow up, mix with the wrong sort of crowd and parents are then too scared to be firm say 'No' to them. 

Could be the parents were also brought up the same way that they are bringing up their own kids and therefore don't know any better themselves.

Sorry, will get off my high horse now.  ::) But wanten distruction annoys me.

ps what happened to the 'spell checking'
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2005, 12:24:26 »
Think its hard to blame parents - even when you bring a child up well once they are teenagers you can't police their every move. Our teenager is ok most of the time (although he has his moments) but some of my friends who are good people and have tried so hard with their children have kids who seem to bring nothing but trouble - taking drugs, stealing, violence etc. One friend has begged social services for help with her 16 year old as she is at her wits end with him but they aren't interested or don't have the time to help at all even though he has terrified her and her younger children...
Some parents may be at fault but not all - I think most kids are more influenced by their mates not their parents and if they get in with a bad crowd there's very little you can do  :(

Its heart breaking when kids create such mindless destruction - my heart goes out to Roy and others who've suffered this type of crime. Unfortunately I don't think there's an easy answer to the problem...

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005, 13:24:20 »
Clairenpaul :D

What do they call that these days......Peer Pressure!! or so ??? Shame buts its a sign of the Times
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 13:34:06 »
;D  I quite agree, peer pressure is tough  ??? I would hate to be growing up these days  :'( :'( Stick at it Roy  :) :)

portway farm

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2005, 22:41:19 »
Police are just as much to blame. They cannot be bothered and the kids know it.

Example 1. We had three horses slashed and stabbed while in field. Police turned up 3 days later and said they would come accross the fields on their scramblers at random times to move kids on .... still waiting for that one.

Example2. Kids have own scramblers ... not worth going into.

Example3. All my battery electric fencing including battery (which was hidden) were stolen police said as example 1.

Example 4. Changed to mains electric fencing - got chopped into pieces I guess using garden shears and wearing thick rubber gloves. Police said as example 1.

Example 5. I was 8 months pregnant and walking alone on fields and threatened with iron bar by gang of drug using 20yr olds. Police said cannot take finger prints off bar and nothing they can do as kids were on public footpath. I should file a report, they will log it ....

Example 6. Fireworks let off in my horses face at night time. I take new born baby up to field with me (husband away) to find out what all the noise is about. Kids then point fireworks at me and let them off. I phoned police in front of them, told them my life was in danger, was promised some one would be straight there and not to go anywhere. I did as told, i told kids police were coming, they informed me that they knew better and as it turns out the kids were right. They got bored and walked off I and my son got cold and after 2 hrs waiting went back home. I was phone up 2 weeks later by police stating that they had to go to a pub fight and did I still require them!!!!!

Example 7. My old chicken coup was stolen and used to set the feilds on fire one hot summer. I phone it was logged I do not bother now.

My new step is I have found the private e mail of the cheif constable!!! It and e mailing Tony Blair and Michael Howard seems to have done something. Kids hang around less and there are def more police cars.

Thankfully only times the kids were on our prop was example 7. A private land owner lets us use the fields out the back rent free as long as we fence it (60 acres) this we only ever used for grazing as it was the old land fill. Our 4 acres is for vege and chicks.

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2005, 08:15:08 »
:o Good gracious PF where on earth do you live,  ???  that has to be the worst vandal situation I have heard of. Why do they pick on animals who are there for pleasure? I just don't understand how they can be so cruel  :'( drugs or no drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is some thing very wrong with the world today, trouble is it's not one thing, there are so many different things. I do feel it is a world that has become very selfish & everyone (politicians etc) thinks they are right, they are all power crazy  ??? but not prepared to address the real issues, but our world has changed forever it seems & not for the better either  :'( I think you are very brave to face those kids on your own like that, you could have been in such danger, but I couldn't stand by if I new that was going on either. It would seem that the police are over worked, underpaid, not enough of them & maybe they should change their attitude a bit as well  ::) I live in the country & we have our share of vandalism here, but it doesn't involve animals, we do have a local arsonist that it took the police nearly a year to get hold of & stop & he was below 14yrs old  ??? ??? & has very nice parents, but the child?, don't know what happened there ::) I don't know what the answer is but I wish we could stop all this horror in the world over :( :'(  Well I will shut up now I could go on & on as I'm sure many of you could. Oh I by the way I have 4 grand kids of various ages so I do have an idea what kids are like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2005, 10:08:58 »
Its so shocking to hear about the terrible things that these kids will do, terrible when it involves destroying things people have worked hard to create and absolutely heartbreaking when they turn their attentions to animals  :'(. So sorry to hear about the attacks on your animals Portoway.
Got to agree with you about the police - our 15 year old answered the front door one evening and was assaulted by a lad he'd never seen before, the lad didn't even have the guts to tell our son why he was attacking him but hid round the corner and caught him unawares and then ran off before we could catch him. fortunately our son's injuries were minor. I reported the incident to the police and waited and waited - about 5 weeks later a police officer phoned and spoke to my son, telling him there was nothing they could do - its good to know the police will protect you in your own home...

I was talking about Roys problems with a friend last night and she thinks that these kids are doing these kind of things to look cool infront of the gang  ???. Thinking about this we decided that if this is the case then maybe their punishment should make them look very uncool - perhaps wearing a pink furry bunny suit while they repair the damage they'd caused...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal