Author Topic: More Vandalism  (Read 19280 times)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: More Vandalism
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2005, 08:53:22 »
Those aren't vandals they are thieves, >:( vandals wouldn't know what to do with a potato :( it is soul destroying to say the least but at the end of the day the spuds have done the land some good and the thieves have dug it over for you :D

Hope your friend phoned the police and got it logged with a crime number, don't let it spoil the memories of your holiday or deter you from your lottie, think of it as just a couple of quids worth of seed pots and start preparing for next year, in fact plant some more for Christmas. ;)

Gadfium

• Acre
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2005, 17:26:22 »
You're right.  :)

My friend has reported it. And she turned up last night with some home-grown produce as a 'welcome home' spirit-lifter...

Then told me that the buggers now appear to have been jumping in the broad beans for the fun of it! Grrr!! If it had been the peas (weedy) I wouldn't have minded, but the broad beans were looking as if they might deliver some lovely results.

Nevermind, made some of Tim's delicious sounding courgette bread, and some courgette soup too... and they both tasted great.  :)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2005, 22:19:21 »
Why would kids want to jump up and down on broad beans.  They really must be dead stupid.  I wonder how they'd feel if you jumped up and down on their bike/ stereo/mobile phone/iPod  >:(    I don't think kids think that anyone will challenge them - ever so they do as they will til they come up against someone who will stand up to them.  The local rotters near us think my old man is a policeman (not sure why) but he allows them to keep thinking so.  We went to a local pub one night and a drunk came up and accused him of being a copper  - CID to be precise.  Don't have a clue why  ;D   We've not had any vandals on the lotty anyway thank goodness

Sorry for all those who have but don't give up.  It is soul destroying though and I know I'd go crackers if mine got trashed  >:(
I came, I saw, I composted

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2005, 00:01:04 »
As posted before, take photos and make sure they see you do it. even if you don`t have a camera,just hold your mobile sideways and press finger down!!! ;)
 It stopped it this year!!!
later found them on school gate and stopped in car,clicked and drove off :o
Told police we had photos but they didnt come to collect ???

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2005, 09:05:32 »
Hi Roy
not Vandal or Thieves....JUST MOROONS
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2005, 09:07:03 »
Wardy