Author Topic: will this work  (Read 1818 times)

jmcbrien

• Not So New ...
will this work
« on: June 10, 2005, 17:13:08 »
I have recently taken over a very neglected allotment and have cleared and planted 3/4 with veg. The other 1/4 is covered in perennial weeds - horse tale and plantain mainly - I do not intend to clear the rest this year but to dig individual holes and plant sweet peas and ridge cucumbers through weed suppressant fabric. My question is, I have an old wooden garden parasol frame and plan to stick this in the ground, open the umbrella and run strings down to each plant. Opinions please on wheather this will look plain daft or quite nice. Please be frank as I do not want to make a fool of myself.

undercarriage plan

Re: will this work
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 17:38:41 »
Don't think it matters what it looks like as long as it works!! Sounds like a great idea.   :o Lottie

jmcbrien

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 07:08:50 »
Thanks Lottie

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 12:35:12 »
worth a try - bet it'll look good too :) Anything looks gorgeous covered in sweet peas..

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 17:37:16 »
I think it will, and it sounds like a great plan.  I know some people have used old broken rotary washing lines in a similar way.  I bet it would look great with runners growing up it!  Photos please!!!!   ;D ;D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 17:47:57 »
Hey don't worry, if you don't like it, try something else next year. Thats the great thing about gardening..its so easy to change. Just say you're running trials to see if this works for your internet site....that'll shut the, ooo what is that, lot up.You might be surprised and get wow great idea.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

jmcbrien

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 07:05:05 »
Thanks to everybody that replied - I am going to start it today. I will try and post pics later in the year.

Joan

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 12:40:12 »
Go for it - my plot looks like Blue Peter larging it - every bed has some structure or another. 0oh what fun I have with hazel, twine, bamboo and willow. Of course, not all of these are successful - the polytunnel top blew away last year leaving me with a sort of open top box (but the tomatoes were still fantastic). Your idea sounds both aesthetically interesting and structurally sound. However, be warned, it can be addictive. Good Luck

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal