Author Topic: Arum Lily  (Read 13428 times)

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
Re: Arum Lily
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 08:13:02 »
 ;D  And I really couldn't be without them, they are the light of my life ;D ;D even on the bad days  ;D ;D ;D These are the three youngest last Xmas, it's impossible to get them all to sit for a pic!!!!!!! The other three are much older & would not have their pics on here. They are adults now  ::) ??? ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

undercarriage plan

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 17:46:07 »
They're lovely, Marley!! And they look really happy children. Chip of the old block?  ;D Lottie

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 07:58:19 »
 ;D I know I'm biased, but I adore them & yes they are a very happy bunch, the adult lot are different now though, much more serious, but I'm sure that phase will pass  ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 15:08:21 »
Adults need to enter the phase of "middle youth"!!! I'm in it, great fun!! Going back to being a bit of a twerp, pleasing myself and the odd bit of irresponsibility.....!!!  ;D ;D ;D Lottie

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 22:24:33 »
Getting back to arums, you do not cut them but pull them like rhubarb, and if you see yellow leaves, leave them, they are putting goodness back into the plant.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2005, 23:00:34 »
Gorgeous, but remind me of weddings and funerals!  My great nan had them in her wedding bouquet and my dad had them in his funeral flowers!

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 08:41:32 »
;D Lottie The OH says I go to pieces when in company of the young grandkids, Don't hear or see anything else when with them  ;D Think there may be a little green head peeping up there  ;D ;D And EJ as you say back to Arums, yes they do remind me of weddins & funerals, but they are such beautiful flowers, and heritage I only cut off the dead head just below the leaves to get rid of the unsightly bit & the rest of it is then left to die back.  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 21:54:24 »
Lol!! Think you've answered all queries outstanding!!! I just cut the dead heads off mine too, then give it a really good mulch with homemade compost. Lottie  ;D  ;D  ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 08:31:09 »
 ;D Bet they think their luck's in then  ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 21:55:57 »
Decided they quite snooty plants that expect this sort of treatment or else....!! Snobs of the plant world, but well worth the pampering. Lottie  ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 14:55:59 »
;D Absolutely  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 20:28:47 »
I can declare that my Arums are now officially finished  :'(  :'(  :'(, but what a show!! Now start pampering for next year...... Lottie  ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 08:39:25 »
::) Yes mine have finally finished too.  :'( :'(  I am busy feeding mine up for next year.  ;D  I have a crinum Powellii that I inherited a few years ago now, I didn't know what it was until recently. I have planted it out this year, so have my finger crossed it will flower next year, although I have since been told that I will be very lucky as they don't like to be messed about with. It has lots of babies too, so although I have not had it in flower it can't have been too stressed. Lets hope it settles in to new home. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/1530/ You can see what they should look like here.  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2005, 14:32:26 »
Beautiful, Marley! If you happent o have too many babies........  ;) Lottie

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 20:08:32 »
My kiwi blush has not done thing, but I do not think it is really as hardy as they say, the green goddess is really thriving in the shallow end of the pond, also I have just treated myself to a new one called pink kiss, knocked down from £15 to a tenner, can't wait to see the flower as it is supposed to be a late one.

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2005, 08:52:02 »
;D ;D Sure thing lottie if I can get a baby off & maybe rooted for you I will, how does that sound? You will probably have to wait a year or so before it flowers as the babies are quite small only about 7" or so, but I will try & get one sorted later, I will let you know when sending it.  ;D ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2005, 08:54:31 »
;D Sounds like you have a beauty to come there heritage  :) post a picture when it flowers.  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2005, 22:36:09 »
Yes please, Marley!! Have pmed you my address, and I'll sort out seeds as sson as dry!!! Thanks. Lottie

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 07:46:58 »
 :) Morning Lottie, yes have your details, will post seeds off when I have them.  :) :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2005, 21:07:25 »
Got yours too!! Wonder who will win seed swappng race??? Honesty has now formed seeds, just waiting for them to dry. Lottie  ;D  ;D  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal