Author Topic: Allotment first crop  (Read 4298 times)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Allotment first crop
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 22:05:46 »
 ;D Thanks for the encouragement Guys, I notice I am well behind most of you folks but that is part of the learning I spose. ::)

I am still sowing stuff and waiting for the weather to kick in and get theses seeds movin, I put in lettuce, spinach, spring oinions and more radish today ;D ;)

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 22:41:02 »
The 10 lettuce were because of thinning out because the lettuce were done in the shape of the number 14 which is the plot number!!! ;D ;D ;D

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 22:59:27 »
Lucky you Roy - bet you enjoyed them. don't worry about being behind everyone else cos you are way ahead of us but we'll get there eventually  :)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 23:00:41 »
I am still waiting.... :-\
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 00:05:34 »
reading these posts and then checked spuds today, loads in one pot but not much in others but at east we know we have some available when we run out indoors. Nice little new pots ready to eat. :D
Will let other half dig them out sunday while I am off diving at Brighton pier & anchor rock :-X I didn`t even ask permission for the day away ;D Still, at least while she was at work today, sitting around doing nothing, I was working hard on the plot in the baking sun, doing the edges etc :-[Really hot and got sunburnt again :(

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 11:10:30 »
Great Radishes Roy. Marvelous to have crops to pick now, envy all you cop pickers as this is the bit worth waiting for.  We are about to dig up some of our onions, but that is it for the moment.  I have just planted my radishes and have some lettuces to plant out.  My mixed salad bed came up and then disappeared, I think thanks to the frost.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 21:00:10 »
Hi Lizzie,

My mixed salad bed disappeared into the pigeons.

?

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

Rose.mary

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2005, 21:31:35 »
I have been harvesting mixed salad for a few weeks now, rocket, spinnach, radish, cos lettuce, and a few other different leaves. I thought I would take some for my dad (92) I also took him some rhubarb. When I asked him if he had enjoyed the different sorts of salad leaves he said he had thrown them away because he thought they were weeds.Oops.

Rosemary

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 09:33:43 »
Have been harvesting lettuce for a couple of weeks and rhubarb too - both from garden, not plot.
From plot yesterday got first of sprouting broccoli as well as  red onions and carrots - was made up as we'd been away for a week and went down there to check on things, never thinking there'd be anything ready to pick!!

Plottie  :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 10:10:32 »
You are not behind at all Roy.  Don't forget, peeps in different parts of the country have different climates.  Plus some can provide protection and extra tlc.  Plus, this is only your first full year really, so this time next year, you will still be enjoying things you planted out this coming autumn and winter, so you will be ahead of others! 

Apart from my onions, I would say my first big pick was basil.  It has done really well in a large tub in my conservatory so I made a great rich green basil sauce to have with pasta last week.  The kids pinched my pack and they now have basil in their grow bag gardens!  Pesto galore!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal