Author Topic: Crittall Greenhouse + glazing cord (gasket)  (Read 8575 times)

jonny

• Not So New ...
Crittall Greenhouse + glazing cord (gasket)
« on: February 09, 2007, 14:15:00 »
 I have erected a second hand CRITTALL greenhouse. I am in need of  glazing cord (gasket) approx 4mm in diameter but I am having troube finding it anywhere as Crittall no longer exist. Can anyone please recommend a suitable alternative.

thanks in advance

jonny

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: Crittall Greenhouse + glazing cord (gasket)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 15:03:09 »
Most greenhouses have glass bedded on 4 or 5mm synthetic rubber or plastic tube. Is this what you are looking for? Cord would seem to suggest a woven or spun item. If you are looking for the latter, I would suggest trying nylon cord (the type thats used for tent guyline).
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 20:14:02 »
I've heard it said that some sort of silicone sealant applied with a standard gun will do the job, but I can imagine you might have problems removing it if you have any breakages in the future.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Rexie06

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 15:53:05 »
A bit late in posting a reply but I have just had the same problem. I bought a Crittall Highlight lean-to Conservatory on e-Bay and am just erecting it. I have just bought the seal.. 4mm dia closed cell expanded neoprene from Delta Rubber, New Milton, Hampshire.

Best Regards,
Rex

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal