Author Topic: which spade?  (Read 1802 times)

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
which spade?
« on: December 04, 2016, 00:54:46 »
my other half has broke his spade so want to get a new one for christmas, anyone recommend  a good stainless steel one or are the carbon ones better?? :wave: 

ACE

• Hectare
Re: which spade?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 07:12:07 »
A really good handle is the first thing to look at, stainless looks good but is only as good as the user and does the same work as a normal steel one. I have always liked the Bulldog range of tools when I can afford them.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:53:06 »
Digging tools are very personal.  I would not like to buy for somebody else unless it is a direct replacement of what they had and liked.

As I tend to break them (I don't use spades, for me it's a fork always) I go for the ones with guarantees.  Spears and Jackson replaced my stainless steel fork without fuss, which broke 8 years into the 10 year guarantee.  :wave:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 15:21:49 »
Digging tools are very personal.  I would not like to buy for somebody else unless it is a direct replacement of what they had and liked.

As I tend to break them (I don't use spades, for me it's a fork always) I go for the ones with guarantees.  Spears and Jackson replaced my stainless steel fork without fuss, which broke 8 years into the 10 year guarantee.  :wave:
i agree galina I've a Joseph Bentley border fork and spade I'm so used to the feel and weight  its like an extension of my hand
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 16:19:23 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal