Author Topic: Cyclamen rerun  (Read 3694 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Cyclamen rerun
« on: November 27, 2016, 14:20:48 »
The pot had been sitting on the window sill looking sad, there suddenly it has a plant in it, leaves and loads of flowers.  Quite amazing.  Free bonus!

My question is should I feed it and if so what?

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Cyclamen rerun
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 17:45:57 »
Half strength Baby Bio or Maxicrop.
Gardening is the great leveller.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 18:36:42 »
as mentioned any liquid feed thats a little under strength  should do the job  however maybe just a repot with fresh compost will see it thru another year they should last a good few years  trick is not to over water hope this helps
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 18:02:44 »
You say do not over water.  How much do you recommend?  I just tend to put water into the dish below and then tip away any that remains after about five minutes so the corm stays dry.

I normally throw them into the garden.  Never had a resurrection before.  And it has a huge number of flower buds,

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 20:59:03 »
You say do not over water.  How much do you recommend?  I just tend to put water into the dish below and then tip away any that remains after about five minutes so the corm stays dry.

I normally throw them into the garden.  Never had a resurrection before.  And it has a huge number of flower buds,
yes indeed thats the way water from below sounds like your doing the right thing
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 11:17:46 »
Strange how we all do thins different but get good results, I will not water any plant from the bottom as any plant we have in a pot gets water from the top when grown outside rain comes down not up. I believe the secret is not to give water when it is not needed all plants at sometime get on the dry side but please do what suits you .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal