Author Topic: Printing probs.  (Read 4010 times)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Printing probs.
« on: November 20, 2016, 17:13:13 »
Hi All,
I'm having issues with my Canon Pixmar MG3250. I've always used replacement ink cartridges from the same company over many years but the cartridges I've recently purchased just won't work! They are not Canon originals and I seem to remember some comments a while back claiming that the manufacturers had altered their cartridges so that you had to use the highly overpriced
'originals'. I've spent some £80 on a variety of 'compatibles' to no avail. The ink indicator keeps telling me that the ink had run out when I know well it hasn't! I've ordered a pair of Canon originals (£40) so I'll report back in a couple of days. Any comments would be welcome.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
Re: Printing probs.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 18:36:39 »
I have an MG5450S and have had no problems with compatible cartridges.   I get mine from a company that advertises in most of the photo magazines and have never had a bad one.   It will be interesting to see if the genuine Canon ones work better.   It may be worth doing a nozzle check and doing on of the checks on the maintenance panel.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 15:59:21 »
Loads of info on the net about overriding printer programmes by people who want to use alternative ink cartridges.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 16:03:28 »
Thanks for your replies. I reported my problem to the cart supplier and they have credited all the invoices which were affected.
They reported that ''this is a common issue with compatible Canon carts''. Bit damning that I would say!!
They shipped 'original Canon' replacements and they have worked perfectly straight away. Unfortunately I am stuck with paying their bloody rip off prices now. Thankfully, I don't print a lot these days.
I'll look into overriding info. Ace.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal