Author Topic: still going strong  (Read 3439 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
still going strong
« on: October 16, 2016, 13:49:33 »
on my plot my flowers are still going strong  i would love to see your out of season wonders
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: still going strong
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 16:20:34 »
Yes, I still have lots of flowers going strong. It's that time of year when I want a frost to kill off the borage and nasturtiums at the allotment so i can get it cleared (can't bear to pull them up in flower!) but don't want to lose my cosmos and dahlias at home!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 16:23:13 »
I made a real effort to get some late colour in my garden at home and at the plot this year. I've grown dahlias from seed, and chrysanthemums from cuttings, and they are blooming their socks off! I never used to like bright clashing colours in flowers, but I've changed my mind....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

plotstoeat

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 10:39:52 »
I made a real effort to get some late colour in my garden at home and at the plot this year. I've grown dahlias from seed, and chrysanthemums from cuttings, and they are blooming their socks off! I never used to like bright clashing colours in flowers, but I've changed my mind....
I like that planter on a rod. Very effective. Did you buy it like that or was it your own idea?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 11:35:14 »
Quote from: Deb P

link=topic=80641.msg814800#msg814800 date=1476890593
I like that planter on a rod. Very effective. Did you buy it like that or was it your own idea?

I purchased the ceramic seed pods from pottery in Staunton Harold in Derbyshire, they had them displayed as either Bird feeders or plant stakes. I thought I'd try a few small saxifrage plants in mine and so far they are doing very well!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal