Author Topic: apple cake  (Read 2909 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
apple cake
« on: September 16, 2016, 21:36:16 »
Sure i made one before but cant find the recipe, need to use up some cooking apples, need an easy recipe as not a great cook, not a mary berry.

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
Re: apple cake
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 23:04:01 »
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 11:38:04 »
Thanks for that, I just found my post from this time last year, when I did the same thing.  Think I may try the Mary Berry one this time as some one suggested last year. Just off to buy some flaked almonds.  A bit chilly here today it not so sunny Enfield.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 20:54:18 »
Wish me luck.  The first apple cake tasted good, but it just ended up a bit too wet and undercooked, tasted OK with custard, more a pudding than a cake, but I will not be beaten, so am trying again with fewer apples, must admit I added a few more to the recipe, and maybe do half with conference pears, and cook a bit longer and not turn it out before it was really, really cold.
But it was cooked with love, and tasted OK, I am the new Val from the Bake Off, I love that woman, and Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood, is good looking but we will see what the new programme is like without lovely Mary.  Such a lovely lady.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 13:05:01 »
Very pleased with my cake.  Turned out well, a bit of a soggy bottom but that is because of the apples.  Given some to next door as she liked it and took a piece to the allotment.  So excited, success. :sunny:

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 14:25:09 »
Hope you weren't too sad to see Val go out this week! Who are you rooting for now? I like Selasi (sp?) - he's so laid back!

plotstoeat

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 16:05:50 »
Tough act for anyone to follow Mary. She is of a generation that have experienced things that others won't. Marvellous for her age.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal