Author Topic: Fresh Mackerel on Toast  (Read 2758 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Fresh Mackerel on Toast
« on: August 30, 2016, 14:07:24 »
Nothing new just a reminder of the qualities of fresh oily fish in our diet and had a few dropped off to me whilst im stuck at home at the moment so thought it rude not to feed mum and myself today with a couple.........

3 feeds 2 for lunch.

fillet the mackerel and to avoid any other back bones cut either side of the back bone which leaves you with lovely little fillets
that once spray oiled and seasoned take about 2 to 3 mins to cook through under a really hot grill...275 degress.....I always test one near the end as slightly under is always better than over cooked fish...

again we grab bits from the garden to compliment the fish flavour as well as a must have squeeze of lemon for acidity.....

its a light lunch full of positive healthy oils that is enjoyable to have once or twice a week,so don't forget the humble Mackerel next time
your passing the fish counter.

Gazza

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Fresh Mackerel on Toast
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 18:14:32 »
There are millions of them out there on the coast at the moment. Mackerel fishing is not hit and miss, drop some feathers in and reel them straight out. Pods of dolphins are also getting in on the act and some sightings of sharks coming in close for a feed.

gazza1960

• Hectare
Re: Fresh Mackerel on Toast
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 18:29:12 »
yes,i must have 100 in the freezer from recent sessions along southbourne ....a few fresh additions at dusk when im back out will be coming home im sure as fresh is always best.......

and yep,spot on me mate is a shark nut and went off st catherines deeps 2 weeks ago had a Thresher shark of 150lb then topped it with a 350lb clonker that took him 2 hours to subdue.....proper lump......so get out there as the seas are brimming with mackerel
its never been so good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal