Author Topic: enfield  (Read 5172 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
enfield
« on: August 13, 2016, 21:40:01 »
Its all happening here kev. Went to morrisons yesterday and the car park was full of caravans, thought it might be a promotion, but they all disappeared. Apparently their new csmp site, walked back from the allotment tonight, lucky i didnt need the toilet as some lovely young boys had set light to the door. Police were called. In southbury rd police car and another car in a bad accident, some silly woman driving on phone, not one in accident so other people telling her about accident and to get of phone whilst driving and she said what has it got to do with you. Not hands free. Lovely enfield, how is the isleof wight ace. Just looked outside and someone has dumped about 5 shopplng trolleys by the council bins, funny old world.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: enfield
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:00 »
Great down here, no trouble with our toilets, the council have closed them all. Fireworks  banging away, red arrows blasting all over the place, Typhoon jets scaring scareing all the wildlife, so not exactly peaceful, but it is Cowes week. As for caravans, they are everywhere, slowly crawling around the place along with charabancs full of oap's  holding up the traffic, a five minute journey took me six and a half minutes this morning. I'll be glad when the summer is over.

Then there is this to contend with.  Mr Hoare, the Ofsted chairman  has whipped up a storm of outrage by describing the Island as "a poor white ghetto" that "suffers from inbreeding" and has "a mass of crime, drug problems and huge unemployment" and whose educational standards are sub-standard.

Yep, we are all fine down here.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 16:14:53 »
Heard about the inbreeding. Dont suppose that has made him many friends.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 16:58:13 »
its the same on the sunshine coast chip eaters everywhere i dont go to town until september after 10 oclock in the morning your safe until then they are still drunk from the night before supermarkets all empty jaywick has its own celebrity following good thing is allotment is only a short walk from home so my days are spent there and evenings in the garden  caravans and motorhomes as far as the eye can see drivers watching sat navs not the road boy i love summer 
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 21:22:23 »
I heard that the inbreeding was so bad on the Isle of Wight that Newport is actually twinned with itself!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 16:35:26 »
Mind you Ace that extra finger must help with the gardening     :wave:

So when are you going to move B    :drunken_smilie:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 20:57:17 »
How did the move go, do you miss lovely Enfield.  Still deciding where to move to, maybe an old peoples home (joke). OH wants to be near the coast.  I agree property is cheaper outside London, as we are both now retired (as he says I am retarded), but he is too now.  We need to agree on where to go, which is difficult, but do think it is a good idea to get out of London, as I worked there all my life and don't go to London anymore. As long as I get a big garden and a greenhouse, will be happy. Not sure about the Isle of Wight if Ace lives there, and all the interbreeding, but I am too old for that (another joke). Pleased to hear you are still on this site, but not so often now.  Some rain here today but not enough for the lovely allotment.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 17:18:13 »
The move went OK been here 15 months now
I still work in Brimsdown, only three stops on the train so I'm not a million miles away
But nice places to go for walks, the white water rafting centre's only a 20 minute walk
Lottie at the end of the road, friendly people and no bickering like the old site
Sell up and move outside London and you'll make enough money to live on
IOW I don't know about, what about missing family
Prices are sky high at the mo so go for it B.  PS it's bloody scorching here.  :sunny:   :glasses9:    :drunken_smilie:   :tongue3:   :glasses9:   :sunny:   :wave:

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 17:00:20 »
I was born in Wood Green and we all thought Enfield was dead posh🤔
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 13:30:14 »
We lived in Wood Green before moving to Enfield many moons ago
Still some very posh houses in Enfield but not the bit we lived in.   :drunken_smilie:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal