Author Topic: Anyone know a reliable water timer?  (Read 2540 times)

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
Anyone know a reliable water timer?
« on: May 03, 2016, 21:21:02 »
My Hozelock AC Plus has finally packed in after about 6 years. I plugged it in a couple of weeks a go to water some seedlings in my greenhouse as I was going on holiday to Madeira for a week (Wonderful island for gardeners by the way!). On trying it out when the timer came on it wouldn't stop pouring out water even though I heard the thing switch off. On searching the web turns out this a is a common fault with this model!
Anyone any recommendations?I don't want anything fancy.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Anyone know a reliable water timer?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 23:37:11 »
Totally unrelated were the Echium's in flower? I've finally managed to overwinter some.. but at home they must be stunning!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:56 »
I suppose these are "fancy"?? At least they are "pro".

Tim

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:44 »
I have a simple battery powered Hozelock timer which I use when we go away.  Had it for years and it's been fine so far.  Can't tell you the model without turning the shed inside out to find it.  Sorry.

I attach it to the tap and then fit a Y connector and two hoses.  One goes to the greenhouse and one to a  sprinkler Which covers all my pots and troughs and baskets collected together for our period of absence.   

I do test it for a couple of nights before leaving and always change the battery, just in case.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal