Author Topic: Barnsdale  (Read 2721 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Barnsdale
« on: May 02, 2016, 18:12:22 »
Called in at Barnsdale on our way home from Suffolk today- happy memories of the A4A meet there a few years ago! The gardens were looking as lovely as ever and I just had to buy a fewplants.

Just a few pics attached.

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Barnsdale
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:58:52 »
I am glad you enjoyed your second visit to Barnsdale, Caroline.  Thanks for posting the pictures.

The A4A meet was a long time ago and a lot has happened since then.  Prink (my niece) who organised it, now lives in the USA, Jeannine left the Uk and is now back living in Canada and Cambourne became a Mum by having a daughter, Harriet.  That's just a few big changes; I am sure there must be more.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 18:59:09 »
Just did a search and found it was 2007! Maybe we should have a 10th anniversary visit there next year!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 19:58:32 »
Hey, I think that is an excellent idea and I might even be able to come. My niece is nattering me to come over for a visit but I don't want to go this year, but I haven't put the idea out  of my mind. My neice is in Skegness 

I have a very vivid picture of Grawc being there, she had just lost her husband but made the trip, bless her , I shall always remember her  telling me about him.

It was a great day, and could be again. I could smuggle some stuff over from here, you would all have to send me a shopping list.

I doubt if I would be able to drive over there now but my nieces husband is pretty good and he has a great garden.

Something to look forward to. John and I spent a lot of our early life just 6 miles from there when he was stationed an North Luffenham air base, we lived in Edith Weston,it was quite nostalgic seeing the area again, not sure how I would be this time,,you may all need to bring some extra tissues

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 20:07:39 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal