Author Topic: wall of water things  (Read 3849 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
wall of water things
« on: April 30, 2016, 20:25:44 »
My bean plants need to go out and it is still a bit too cold. I have some wall of water things I have never used does anyone have any idea if they would work to protect my beans for a couple of weeks.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hector

• Hectare
Re: wall of water things
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 21:37:41 »
Not heard of those before ( just looked them up). Interesting idea!
Jackie

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 23:04:47 »
Apparently you can make theme it of two litre plastic bottles joined together in a circle. Not so easy or convenient to store when empty as the real wall of water is.
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 10:13:42 »
Bob Flowerdew has loads of suggestions for crop protection and self watering in his organic veg book, and shows you how to make them....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 14:06:07 »
Thanks all, I have figured it out, I am going to grow them in a huge tub with a ring of bamboos..oh that is a wigwam I think LOL. anyway I can keep the tub in the greenhouse for a few weeks. It is actually quite warm here but the night times are still a bit cool for beans and stuff like that.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 18:30:43 »
My beans seem rather fragile this year, leaves were showing cold damage the day after I took them out of the propagator, into a heated greenhouse! I'm still getting huge temperature swings despite a new greenhouse heater, plants don't know if they are coming or going!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 20:36:15 »
I've not sown my beans yet so it's not a problem!

My problem is that I'm going away for 10 days from 13 May which completely messes up my sowing schedule. I've got to sow things just before I go rather than from now on. I may pass on some things this year.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 21:45:32 »
like teegee I use an old frame that had swing/seesaw/slide as we are in a really windy spot and its so heavy it never moves.  I have for some years now planted straight into the ground as I find where beans are concerned this seems to work better and I think I get a stronger plant this way and they don't snap like they do when I've tried to get them out of there pots. Hope you all have a nice bank holiday. regards Taurus.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal