Author Topic: I am looking for a Vining Courgette more..  (Read 5579 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
I am looking for a Vining Courgette more..
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:26:08 »
I think there was  one called Black Forest, failing that there was a marrow that could be used small,called Green Trailing I believe. I would actually like to find both .If Someone can help me I would be very happy to swap for anything you want from over here Thank you Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: I am looking for a Vining Courgette more..
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 12:06:27 »
Hi Jeannine, I am trying this yellow one this year - it is not vining as such but apparently can be trained to grow upwards if staked.
I'm growing it in a large tub.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vegetables/vegetable-seeds/pumpkin-squash-and-courgette-seeds/courgette-shooting-star/tt52080TM

Tricia  :wave:

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 19:31:29 »
Hey Thanks Trica, a yellow one, I am going to try to find that XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24:04 »
I have found the Black Forest one at Plants of Distinction and they are shipping it but no place as yet to get the yellow one, I may have to get it shipped to a UK address, if anyone knows a source I would be grateful. It is off really as Thompson and Morgan and Mr Fotheringills seeds are both available here but not that variety.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 07:39:41 »
Blackforest not my favourite.   Not great flavour.

I found that you can get any courgette to climb by tying it to a good stake.  They take up a lot less room that way and you do not have to bend down to pick the fruit.  My best ones had a narrow plank.  Planted on the north side, did not need much tying.

A plot neighbour of mine used to manage to get their courgettes to stay upright without stakes never worked out how they did it.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 08:18:21 »
Black forest that I grew a few years ago was very rampant  and the taste was excellent. Black beauty was terrible and didn't vine.

And Yippee I have just found the yellew one on e bay   So I have what I need now, thank you all so much.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:26:46 by Jeannine »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 09:02:19 »
I tried Black Hawk a few years ago, and that didn't vine either. I'm growing all of mine up single stakes again this year, tried it last year and found that they lasted longer because you cut the bottom leaves off as they climb, so you don't get mildew so badly.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal