Author Topic: Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?  (Read 5270 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?
« on: April 05, 2016, 19:51:29 »

I love this hoe/weeder.  Its perfect for weeding between rows of veg.  It was a freebie with a gardening magazine a few years ago. I am trying to find another one but have not had much luck. I think it's called a loop weeder. I found this picture on an American web site but was hoping to be able to buy one closer to home.
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
Re: Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 20:23:16 »
Not seen this n the UK but wonder if the Wolf weeder might be of use if you can not find one

http://www.garden-goodies.co.uk/acatalog/Wolf_Multi_Change_Tools_RFM10.html

Note they do two sizes the other one is RFM15
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 20:51:15 »
Duke, it is called a Garden Bandit, look under that name in the UK, if you can't find one let me know and I will send you one.It is a Canadian made tool..

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 20:57:03 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 20:57:31 »
Thanks for your help everyone and Thankyou Jeannine for that kind offer. Now that I know the name I will try to search for one over here.

DUke😊😊
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 21:01:49 »
Duke, they are actually made right here in BC. I have a couple of old ones and I agree they work a treat, there is also a longer one with an angled head but I don't remember it's name..something like Tesco !!
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 22:05:43 »
There is something similar on Amazon.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 19:56:16 »
Reckon I would make one with an old paintbrush, and a flexible hss hacksaw blade
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 16:24:01 »
Apologies for the necrothread, stuck at home on strong painkillers and antibiotics with an abscess, reading back through what I've overlooked of A4A this last wee while.

Anyway, these look absolutely awesome, both the hand held and the telescopic. Think I'd have a go at making a nice elegant shaft for the hand held version like the one in the link above and maybe change the angle on the blade slightly to about 23deg, to give more of a natural stroke:
https://www.burford.co.uk/garden-and-outdoor/garden-tools/nunki-beech-handled-copper-hoop-weeder/

The telescopic one looks really good too. Could probably do something with a brush pole. I wonder how these do at making clay into a finer crumb?

Great idea on the hacksaw blade Ancells, I happen to have an old one lying about, I'm loathe to throw out good tool steel. I smell a project on the horizon so maybe I'm feeling a bit better after all!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal